Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Kurzweil PC3/PC3K Gig Pack From Dave Weiser!

Kenny Ingram

http://i58.tinypic.com/aahhxw.jpg

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you all know that Dave Weiser has now just released a brand new gig back for the Kurzweil PC3/PC3K series keyboards! The focus for this set is on gig-ready acoustic piano and Fender Rhodes sounds, along with two additional analog-type synth sounds. The idea is that these sounds are meant to fit well in a band mix, cutting through without being muddy. There's also lots of real-time controls assigned to controllers on the keyboard, ready to go.

Also, it should be noted - although these are meant for the PC3/PC3K series, they will work on all current Kurzweil pro keyboards.

Demos can be found on SoundCloud HERE.

Lots of more information on the set, and where you can buy it on his website is HERE.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they're anything like his other expansion packs they'll be AMAZING.

Now I want a PC3.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Fourcade, how much better is the acoustic piano compared to the delivered pianos, from a tone point of view (darker?, brighter?), and from an envelope decay point of view (longer decay? Same?). I'm looking for brighter and longer decay. Does the set deliver this?

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Hi DlwDave,

The acoustic piano sounds tight and bright in the mids and mid lows, less boomy than current in the lows, and well defined in the mid highs.

The treatment of decay is natural, just more pronounced in the mids and highs (but not loooonger).

IMHO is a good recipe for busy mixes, unlike the pianos delivered, that sounds very well alone or in trio, but ending a little muddy when there are many instruments.

Gustavo

You need gear to make noise. You need friends to make music.

www.StepsAheadSound.com

It's got "brighter" covered, with Hi and Hi-Mid EQ on sliders. The Hi-Mid is nice for cutting through without sounding overly or artificially bright. Crank both up together (plus the low-cut EQ) and it will cut through even the toughest of mixes. ;)

I didn't really mess with the envelope settings. The compressor setting *does* help give a perception of long-ish decay.

The new Rhodes program stands out a bit more from PC3 ROM as it uses some additional samples, where the piano is only relying on base ROM piano samples.

Archived