Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hiatus Kaiyote

Steve LeBlanc

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
?uestlove plugs them. That's enough for every single hip-hop hipster in the world to eat it up.

tonight's show in DC is sold out.

I have a ticket waiting at will call. :cool:

:nopity:

Last night's show was awesome. The mix started out rough with technical difficulties evident here and there. It got better as things went on thanks in part to Dave's "consulting". I didn't realize HK had such a following but the energy in the room was astounding.

Sadly, even with Dave there we were still the oldest in the room. :cry::rawk:

Last night's show was awesome.

yes it was. Just shy of 90 minutes.

The mix started out rough with technical difficulties evident here and there. It got better as things went on thanks in part to Dave's "consulting".

well, I went towards the back of the room and stood next to the desk to see if the young guy knew what he was doing. He was having a rough go at first but got it sorted out after three or four songs. The biggest obstacle was he was doing FOH and monitors, and everyone in the band kept point to their respective monitors wanting something louder. Don't know why this wasn't sorted out in soundcheck. Possibly it was, but doing a soundcheck to an empty room and then playing to a capacity crowd changed the acoustics.

I didn't realize HK had such a following but the energy in the room was astounding.

yes, lots of attractive young women in attendance :2thu:

Sadly, even with Dave there we were still the oldest in the room. :cry::rawk:

only by 4 months my brother. At this point we are the same age. :laugh:

SETLIST: (I got a copy of their setlist, some song titles are not complete)

HOMERUN

BREATHING

MOBIUS

ALL THE TIME

JECKYLL

DOOM

NAKAMARRA

LAPUTA

DAPHNE

BORDERLINE

BOOM

OCELOT

CINNAMON

SWAMP THING

SHAOLIN

BY FIRE

WORLD

Man, I'm sorry I missed the show but it couldn't be helped.

they are playing in Baltimore on the 31st of May, you might want to try to fit that in to your busy schedule, Gov. I'm sure you'll like them live. :cool:

• 2 months later...

Archived