Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happiness is...

...being able to work in the studio all day with no interruptions and nowhere else to be. ...getting the music to sound like the initial vision you had in your head before you started recording the song. ...pushing all the faders up to 0 and... it sounds good.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yesiree, I live for the moments to be alone & record. And when you may be a bit inspired and the ears are working right, ahhh, nothin' better. This weekend I tracked the music for "hey hey what can I do",(zep) no drums or singing, just geetars, bass, a few capoed acoustics, all by my lonesome just for the hell of it, too much fun!
In two days, it won't matter.

Doing something you love and being able to take care of your family doing it. World peace. Having built a studio in your home and being able to work in it without interuption with a pound of hydro and a side room with playstation2 dreamcast and the x box mad games with a big ass tv digital cable fold out couch frig Roland 2480 with meter bridge and effects cards Avalon pre amp Tc Electronics Fireworks 24 channel mackie board mac g4 with pro tools some studio furnature and just the fact that I could come to work in my robe!

[quote]Originally posted by sactog: [b]happiness is...a warm studio :) on a cold winter day. G [ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: sactog ][/b][/quote] That makes more sense... :) Yeah, I didn't even have to turn the heat on yesterday at all... The gear kept the room pretty darn warm for those 12 hours or so...

...a session with paying clients and a copentent engineer tracking in the A room, my best friend and business partner mixing in the B room, and our significant others chillin' in the lounge waiting patiently in the lounge for us to finsih, makign sure we eat and take break along the way...

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

• 8 months later...
Happiness is... Getting a call from my son that my two month old grandson rolled over on his own the first time today...and hearing the proud excitement in his voice. That, and this... [img]http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_b7c3c6ff69f6eaf76fdcbb52c0acd443/i-1.JPG[/img]
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

When it all works, and I realized how blessed I am when on those rare occasions I get a song to sound better than the one in my head. Thats where I do most of my composing these days. ;) And what you all said. Good pic, Tedster. (Jane! What did you do with my avatar?!) :D
This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

[quote]Originally posted by synthguy: [b]When it all works, and I realized how blessed I am when on those rare occasions I get a song to sound better than the one in my head. Thats where I do most of my composing these days. ;) And what you all said. Good pic, Tedster. (Jane! What did you do with my avatar?!) :D [/b][/quote]Amen to all above...and, I hope this works. I tried to change my avatar and the damnable thing keeps defaulting to "blank"...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

[quote]Originally posted by Jotown: [b]Being able to do what you know you were put on this planet to do.[/b][/quote]10 pts. Or rather, sadness is not being able to do it. Right now, "happiness" to me is an intune guitar. Everything else just sucks. More than 2 hours of sleep a night might make "happiness" easier to find I suppose.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

Archived