Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Juno is here

dama

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The snow storm Juno has arrived in the Northeast. Possibly a couple of feet of snow. Will Kronos is next?

Well, logically, you would have expected there to be a Jupiter, and then maybe a fantom.

Kronos would have to have been preceded by Triton :)

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I f$#%ing hate The Weather Channel for naming winter storms. :taz: I think naming tropical storms is bad enough, winter storms aren't really the same kind of meteorological "thing." The rest of the industry is against it, but they've bought up several parts of it. I only know that because their idiotic winter storm names have shown up in apps and on weather sites besides The Weather Channel's.

Stay warm up there! It's 70° here in Houston for most of this week

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I f$#%ing hate The Weather Channel for naming winter storms. :taz: I think naming tropical storms is bad enough, winter storms aren't really the same kind of meteorological "thing." The rest of the industry is against it, but they've bought up several parts of it. I only know that because their idiotic winter storm names have shown up in apps and on weather sites besides The Weather Channel's.

Didn't they just start naming fronts as well ? Could've sworn we had a high wind disturbance named Clyde that went through NW Indiana in November :D .

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I'm glad we didn't get anything, I couldn't get my snowblower started yesterday!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Winter storms don't have names. They're clownin' you. Don't fall for it.

Huh? Ok your clownin'.

only a couple inches of snow in NJ. Long Island CT and Mass got a lot. I was looking forward to a good heavy snow as long as the power didn't go out.

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-juno-blizzard-boston-nyc-new-england

Nord electro 3 73, Casio Px-5s, Yamaha SY-85, A&H ZED FX mixer, 2 QSC K8.2s

Only thing bothering me right now is most of my software support comes out of New York. I've been waiting 3 days for a fix so I can post 835 remittance files on our new system. Those wimps need to start taking extra clothing and food to the office so they can live there during storms. :P

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I saw a picture of New York. I don't mean to make light of the situation, and I hope everyone stays safe and minimal damage occurs, but...

:wave: from the northern-most major city in North America. Also, don't worry if you know that Edmonton has a relatively dry climate: I used to live in Québec City. ;) You learn to deal with snow there as quickly as a giraffe learns to walk.

I used to live in Québec City. ;) You learn to deal with snow there as quickly as a giraffe learns to walk.

hey Eric -

I love it there, but only in the summer. :laugh:

Feels like I'm in Europe, not North America. I have no intention of ever going there when it is cold.

:nopity:

Well, I would very much recommend taking a winter ferry ride back across the St-Lawrence after dark. Coming from Lévis into Québec underneath the Château Frontenac and the old citadel is spectacular. :thu: Also, the Carnaval de Québec is the world's greatest celebration of winter IMNSHO.

I'd never get it past the wife. Our version of the greatest celebration of winter is Miami Beach in February. :D

We do love The Champlain Restaurant in Chateau Frontenac. :2thu:

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who thought this was utterly pointless and self-serving. It's just plain stupid, and I think they're the only ones who do it. Some of the local yokels around here might have started using them for a short time, then realized how absolutely stupid it sounds (and looks) and stopped. Weather Channel hasn't quite caught on yet. It's gonna snow, goddammit, maybe a lot, maybe not -- that's all I want to know. They're turning into the MTV of weather reporting.

BTW, I got somewhere between 16-18" - not bad, since I'm frequently on the higher end of the local snowfalls. People not far inland from here got over 2 ft, while people closer to the coast got quite a bit less. It could have been worse, but it was definitely a big bad one.

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

It's about time those of you affected by this storm share some pics. :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It's about time those of you affected by this storm share some pics. :)

might be too early yet, Joe.

Brother JGB3NY is under 18 inches of snow on Long Island. I sent wmp an e-mail yesterday but Boston got 24 inches, don't know how long it will take (if ever) to hear back from him. Takes a while to get all that snow in order. One day isn't enough. However, we will take those photo's when you guys are ready. :wave:

Back patio, first pass Tuesday morning; puppy poo path off to the right. We got about 6" more after this, but I was too pooped for pics at that point.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/18to12fitty/Blizzard%202015/IMG_20150127_104832_zpsfaf115e6.jpg

There's a hot tub under there somewhere:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/18to12fitty/Blizzard%202015/IMG_20150127_104845_zpsf774ed25.jpg

Stepdaughter's car, without brushing off -- the wind took care of it! Note what's left of a drift next to the garage to the left after my snowblower ate it. This was after the first pass around 10:00 AM Tuesday:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/18to12fitty/Blizzard%202015/IMG_20150127_104743_zps896c7936.jpg

And me, extremely ecstatic that the last snowblowing session is done. This by the way is pointing out my back yard, not a carefully planned white backdrop:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/18to12fitty/Blizzard%202015/IMG_20150127_105238_zpsf391c8a8.jpg

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

Archived