Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Played Carnegie Hall last night......

Dockeys

Yup, had the pleasure of doing a gig with an Irish orchestra last night in a sold out Carnegie hall. It's a concert orchestra (movies scores, classical, broadway stuff) so I usually play keys as it requires piano, harp, pad sounds, organ etc.

Unfortunately didn't get to play a Steinway on stage so had to resort to the Casio PX5S....(it's Carnegie debut??) All went well until my sustain pedal gave out in rehearsal. So had to run dow to Times Sq Guitar Center to get another. (Thanks Bruce Brody for helping me out!). Will post some pics once i get home as the hotel internet is old school...i think i can hear the dial up tone...

And thanks to all the posters from another thread about music store recommendations on my brief visit. Had a blast and can't wait to return for a longer trip.

Derek

Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derek you da' man, playing the PX-5S is like playing a Steinway anyway so it's all good. Any video?

Unfortunately no video allowed. They're really strict on this. I think they do provide a video service but the cost is incredibly high. They allowed some photos though. Dunno how to upload the pics as rules here say they have to be online and you create a link to them??

Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

Archived