Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gas report ordered RD 800 today

BluesKeys

So I finally had enough of the RD 700 with the broken circuit board with farting outputs using it as a poor mans midi controller. I was midi'd to my GEM module but it would not even pull up patches on the module. Two weeks ago it started marking weird sounds through the module when a storm was coming in. Last weekend I noticed some strange low end sounds coming from it.

So in the coming weeks I will have my hands on my second new keyboard this year!!! I'll give you my review after playing with it for a few weeks. And there is NO WAY the monkey crew in the band will touch it.

Already feeling buyers remorse!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last weekend I noticed some strange low end sounds coming from it.

:D

I know you, Jimmy.

Are you sure those strange low end sounds were coming from the keyboard and not something you had for lunch? :sick:

Just sayin'.

BTW, CONGRATS on your new board. :2thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

BK, enjoy your new KB and definitely buy a solid case for it. :thu::cool:
+800

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

As far as the case goes I plan on replacing the latches and will likely order a soft case with wheels that only I will touch. Then if I have to use the old case I will add a strap around it and stickers saying. THIS END NOT UP YOU DUMBASS!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Well done jimmy!

My rd800 is tested and aprouved perfectly on stage..

Hope you will find a great feeling with it.

Nord stage 2 EX88,Nord electro 5D,roland RD800,Roland FA08,Korg kingkorg,Korg PA4x,Yamaha PSR s970

Native instrument maschine studio et komplete 10.

It's crazy, but I still haven't seen one of these since the one that was at my local GC and not plugged in and which sold when I went back the next day. I could kick myself now for not pestering the staff to get me hooked up to try it out. No one carries it here!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Good choice Jimmy! Soundwise it's the greatest stage DP ever. The only truly negative thing is the shape. It looks super cool but a real pain in the arse to carry. Getting a good grip is tough! It makes the 21 kilos feel like 30

Yamaha CP88, EV zxa1

Know the weight of the RD 800 since I've schlept the 700 around for over 10 yrs. I just hope I can get the performance features to work as well. When I have played them in stores there were a few differences I didn't like. I hope I can find a work around for them.

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

For one when I pull up my favorite EP, I could go back to my favorite Acoustic Piano and when I hit the EP button again my favorite was the one that came up. But on the 800 as I recall, when I went back to EP I had to re-dial my favorite.

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

For one when I pull up my favorite EP, I could go back to my favorite Acoustic Piano and when I hit the EP button again my favorite was the one that came up. But on the 800 as I recall, when I went back to EP I had to re-dial my favorite.

I wonder if there's a way to set a default tone for each of the front panel Category buttons. The JP50 has that capability; it's in the System section, IIRC. Would seem the same could be done with the RD-800.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

I wonder if there's a way to set a default tone for each of the front panel Category buttons. The JP50 has that capability; it's in the System section, IIRC. Would seem the same could be done with the RD-800.

Well:

No need for that.

The last rd800 os let you recall your presets (on live set mode)when pushing the letter button and a preset number together so quickly..

It´s a personal way to organise and categorize own sounds.

I've put(but it's only my personal way to do) all the pianos on the A,the rhodes on the B,organs on C...etc etc

So simple..

Tones are only tones,all your preset memory is configurable in the live set mode:

Take the tones you use the most,just save them on the live set places you want for the best way to select them..and it's ok!

But don't think"selecting tones"in the tone mode..this is not the best way to do because tone memory isn't configurable like the live set mode.

Blueskey:

Don't worry my friend,you just didn't have time to find your way with it for the moment,but i 'm sure you won't have any problem:))

Like you,i had old Rd series(i love the Rd series from so many years)and the 800 is really the best sounds...and so much than the old series.

Nord stage 2 EX88,Nord electro 5D,roland RD800,Roland FA08,Korg kingkorg,Korg PA4x,Yamaha PSR s970

Native instrument maschine studio et komplete 10.

You are right lekanout, I didn't have much time with it. No manual, though I am not good with manuals. I did like the acoustic piano, can't remember the Rhodes, did like the Wurly and that is mostly what I use.

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

• 10 months later...

There is a way to save these default live sets for each of the Tone and bank buttons. The owner's manual does explain the steps for setting the default live sets. Here is what it says in the memo section near the top of page 13 of the manual.

Tones:

By holding down the currently selected TONE button and pressing the [WRITE] button, you can memorize the currently selected tone number, so that it will be recalled the next time you press that TONE button.

Banks A-J:

By holding down the currently selected LIVE SET button and pressing the [WRITE] button, you can memorize the currently selected Live Set number, so that it will be selected the next time you press that LIVE SET button.

HowardS, I HAVE my Live Set button working for all my needed presets and really love it. Better than the RD700 in the fact I can have multiple layers in the live set button and then take out what I don't need for certain songs with the faders on the left. I have some very cool LIVE SET layers that cover everything I'm doing

So far learjeff I still drive the Miata but I'm in search of a more practical GHV...

Jimmy

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived