Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Seeing Toto and Michael McDonald tonight....

Dave Bryce

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed Snarky Puppy at the Troubadour on Monday.

Missed Herbie w/ Gregory Porter and Robert Glasper last night.

And I'm missing this.

FML.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Me too. It's a little strange to me, Toto actually are the opening band and go on at 730. Im not sure if this is a co headline tour where they switch nights headlining. Nothing to complain about though, this show at the Greek is going to be a night to remember!

Somewhat OT, but I know they were both in town. From Cory Henry's Instagram yesterday... http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xap1/1209468_254322658091601_1986948217_n.jpg

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Enjoy, I'll be seeing TOTO down here in San Diego on Sunday. David Hungate is back on bass for the first time since TOTO IV. Should be awesome.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

David Hungate is back on bass for the first time since TOTO IV. Should be awesome.

Man. :facepalm:

Well, no Bobby Kimball, so there. :taz:

I don't care what anyone says, Toto just ain't Toto without Bobby.

P.S. Saw Snarky Puppy last week. :cool:

P.P.S. Saw Glasper last month. Walked out after a tired-ass cover of "Get Lucky." Dude doesn't know how to pace a set either.

Yeah, I'm sure Joe Williams will suck, because having good musicians in the band has never been important to Toto. :idk:

Jeff, John, Bobby, steadyb and I better give our tix away immediately. :idea::D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I knew if I hung out here long enough we'd agree on something. Caught the "Falling In Between" show at BB Kings NYC. Bobby was in such great voice. I don't know how Joe Williams sounds lately (although I did love Fahrenheit and The Seventh One).

P.P.S. Saw Glasper last month. Walked out after a tired-ass cover of "Get Lucky." Dude doesn't know how to pace a set either.

Yeah, that's a fair criticism. I ended up leaving a LOOOOONGass show in LA last fall for the same reason.

Yeah, I'm sure Joe Williams will suck, because having good musicians in the band has never been important to Toto. :idk:

Jeff, John, steadyb and I better give our tix away immediately. :idea::D

dB

Are they playing with an orchestra? Man, I love so many of Williams's themes... Superman, Raiders, Jaws, Star Wars...

I see your point, but besides business and interpersonal feuds, Bobby unfortunately is not sounding too great these days...just saw a video of him in Sofia and it was cringeworthy. Sounded great in 06 though. Joseph is on fire and has lost a ton of weight, has been working out and working with a vocal trainer. Inspiring week, Don Airey smoking last night with Deep Purple and tonight Paich, Porcaro and Mcdonald!

Yeah, that's a fair criticism. I ended up leaving a LOOOOONGass show in LA last fall for the same reason.

WAY too much pointless noodling during jams that went nowhere. And that incessant vocoder... :deadhorse:

Anyway, I digress.

I see your point, but besides business and interpersonal feuds, Bobby unfortunately is not sounding too great these days...just saw a video of him in Sofia and it was cringeworthy.

I don't doubt it. He's always had pitch problems live, even in the '80s.

I see your point, but besides business and interpersonal feuds, Bobby unfortunately is not sounding too great these days...just saw a video of him in Sofia and it was cringeworthy.

I don't doubt it. He's always had pitch problems live, even in the '80s.

Yea, that's what I saw in Sofia. All over the place. That's why the mimed Africa chorus tapes in the 2000's, and why FIB DVD is pro tool auto tuned to the point of being a parody.

Anyway, Porcaro and Paich back. :2thu:

There should be a lot of Yamaha in their rigs, no?

Paich: Kurzweil PC3K8 underneath a Motif XF7 inside an upright piano shell

Porcaro: Motif XF8 underneath a Motif XF7

Both rigs driving Mainstage on MacBook Pro laptops.

This, at least, is the rig in the Live In Poland DVD from last year when the tour started. A quick look at fan-shot YouTube videos from a month ago seems to show the same rigs.

Wow. That will definately be a night to remember. Two of my favourites. Wish they would hop on a plane and come to Australia. Some of the recent you tube clips of this Toto line up show them really kicking backside. Enjoy

Jeff, John, steadyb and I better give our tix away immediately. :idea::D

dB

Are they playing with an orchestra? Man, I love so many of Williams's themes... Superman, Raiders, Jaws, Star Wars...

:rimshot::D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I couldn't care less if Toto toured here and had will.i.am playing keys and Taylor Swift on drums; I'd be there in an instant. You yanks get all the fun; acts like that play here once in a blue moon, and when they do, ticket prices are extortionate.

Having all that in a single weekend would be like a very good dream come true!

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

...and finally the Meet & Greet.

My buddy Lyle is a very competent guitarist. He LOVES Lukather who is probably the single most influential player in his life. Thought I'd make Lyle's birthday a little more special by posting this on facebook...

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah238/Dugg64/IMG_2348_zps97aab1c5.jpg

And here's my shot with the band...

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah238/Dugg64/IMG_2349_zps35c7bed0.jpg

Archived