Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Caffeinated Keyboardist - Podcast

Piktor

If you are into listening to podcasts, I wanted to highly recommend the Caffeinated Keyboardist. Jeff Babko has lengthy, wide-ranging and insightful conversations with small groups of some great keyboardists like Larry Goldings, Alan Pasqua, Roger Manning, Terry Trotter, Steve Porcaro and Geoffrey Keezer. I found these to be pretty engaging. These guys have great stories to tell.

P

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magnificent find! I skipped right to the Steve Porcaro episode. Absolutely fascinating.

THANKS!

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Thanks, this fills a gap in my podcast library- have guitars, rock, and drums but no keys podcasts. Got to say hi to Steve Porcaro on the way in to the Ringo show last week at the Greek, looking forward to Toto at the Greek on August 7.

I just finished the first episode. Even though I had no idea who these guys were (well, I've heard of the Jellyfish guy), I loved the whole thing. They made me want to move to LA, be part of that scene, and hang with these guys. What amazing stories.

:2thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Thanks for sharing. I have had only time to listen to about 18 minutes of the first episode but enjoyed it very much. It was interesting to hear the connections amongst the guests who would not usually be associated together.

Bill

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Kronos 61, Casio PX-5S, Yamaha DXR 10 (2)), Neo Vent, Yamaha MG82cx mixer and too many stands to name.

Picktor, you bastard! I thought I was only going to have to listen to 10 minutes of this podcast before getting bored. But no! I had to listen to the whole two hours. And now I'm going to have to listen to the remaining four hours. I'll be up till midnight! It made me LMFAO and howl MFAO, and, you know, like, remember the Jimmy Hendrix album I wore out and had to replace when I was when I was 15 yrs. old. Thanks a lot.

Kurzweil PC4

I just listened to the first half of the second episode (Porcaro, Goldings, Money Mark) and it sounds like a KC meetup with all the gear they talk about as well as rip on, including X-stands. These guys would be right at home here. :D

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The Human Nature story by Porcaro is something else!
Yeah!

Also, he seems like really cool guy. He's done all that, yet he's modest and supportive of the cool things the other guys do. :thu:

• 1 month later...

Hey, it looks like another episode of the podcast went up recently. It features conversation with Mitchell Froom , Jim Cox, Patrick Warren and Zac Rae.

http://www.podomatic.com/profile/jeffreybabko

I'm familiar with a couple of those guys and the others have some interesting credits. You might find this to be a good listen, if you like this kind of thing.

Through this podcast I came across the "I'd Hit That" podcast too. There are some great conversations with musicians here too. It features mostly drummers, (let the snarky comments commence), but they aren't talking about gear as much as people here do.

http://idhitthatpodcast.podomatic.com/

Enjoy

• 1 year later...

This needs to be bumped!

Great podcast, deserves more listeners.

I'm not at all into the podcast thing, but this one really grabbed my attention. It's great to listen to a bunch of pros sharing ancedotes, tips, and indulge in quite some gear talk.

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

Archived