Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Messe coverage

Dave Bryce

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave,

KeyB were going to add me to their promo material for Messe. I'd dig to see a photo of a KeyB poster or other promo material in context of the KeyB booth.

My German ancestors would be proud!

Thanks

Darren

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

Hi Dave,

KeyB were going to add me to their promo material for Messe. I'd dig to see a photo of a KeyB poster or other promo material in context of the KeyB booth.

My German ancestors would be proud!

Bad news, brother D....I went there, but you were not one of the four posters they had up.

Sorry...

FWIW, their new Legend organ is absolutely killer. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

dB

any info you can add to that, Dave? There is no information about this on the KeyB website.

There is some info (photos at least) on their FB page. Did you see that?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/KeyB-Organ/166116646869

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

dB

any info you can add to that, Dave? There is no information about this on the KeyB website.

It's a full-on console, but it does multiple models - B3, B/C and A100, if memory serves. ~$5k....bench, stand and pedals sold separately.

I shot a nice long video of them talking about it and playing it. Steve F should have it posted on the Keyboard mag web site shortly. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Thanks - the 76 note version is definitely on my radar. Although I cannot see it getting to Australia any time soon ;)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

dB

There is some info (photos at least) on their FB page. Did you see that?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/KeyB-Organ/166116646869

thanks, Joe, I had not seen that. I don't do social media at all for reasons I won't disclose here. ;)

Organ looks nice, but I couldn't get past that weird look on Pat Bianchi's face at the top of the page :freak:

:nopity:

dB

It's a full-on console, but it does multiple models - B3, B/C and A100, if memory serves. ~$5k....bench, stand and pedals sold separately.

I shot a nice long video of them talking about it and playing it. Steve F should have it posted on the Keyboard mag web site shortly. :thu:

dB

thanks for the update, brother Dave!

:nopity:

thanks, Joe, I had not seen that. I don't do social media at all for reasons I won't disclose here. ;)

Organ looks nice, but I couldn't get past that weird look on Pat Bianchi's face at the top of the page :freak:

I have no issue with your position on social media, said the guy sinking in the quicksand of it... :D

I agree, that is an odd photo to use.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I just viewed the two Kurzweil videos from Keyboard Mag, isn't it great to have free press ? Apart from the that sound was lacking highs a bit (that wasn't the case thus far I think) and trying to subtract the used speaker sound from the recording, I think the sound from the Forte was ok, and probably (big probably here) free from artifacts in the sense of major messings with the sound I dislike so much about the PC3, but that's my opinion.

As far as possible on the objective side I think the sound is even and musical, but for my purposes not attractive (i.e. too boring), though probably it has some potential like maybe a cheap keyboard could improve a whole lot with this sort of sound. I felt there wasn't much of the mix-components there, nor very much of the inter chord tone and velocity based brilliance, so for me, unless the samples can be updated and on the source side made more interesting (which I'm sure somehow is an incredible amount of work), it isn't very attractive.

T.

Archived