Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Idiot checks to make sure no gear forgotten

EscapeRocks

I do my idiot check right before I leave, both directions. I'll look at the gear in the back of the truck, and go through a checklist. And that does not always work.

When I leave to go to work in the morning, I'll leave through the garage. There have been several times that I will be half way to work, and turn around because I couldn't remember if I'd closed the garage door.

Just this morning I placed my Android Tablet on the back of the couch so I wouldn't forget it, and remembered that I didn't grab it on the way out AFTER I got to work.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One time I forgot my stage clothes. I was almost to the gig, three hours from home when I realized. I called my wife: "uh, hey babe, what are you doing right now...?"

I did that too- left my garment bag hanging in the garage, for a hired gun tux gig! My wife rescued me once again... luckily it was only 45 mins away- too far for me to get there and back before showtime but enough for her to drop everything and bring it down.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

One time I forgot my stage clothes. I was almost to the gig, three hours from home when I realized. I called my wife: "uh, hey babe, what are you doing right now...?"

I did that too- left my garment bag hanging in the garage, for a hired gun tux gig! My wife rescued me once again... luckily it was only 45 mins away- too far for me to get there and back before showtime but enough for her to drop everything and bring it down.

Does she still gently remind you about it every now and then?

Last summer I went straight from work to a weeekday early-evening gig, where I soon realized I'd forgotten the smart-card with the Performances and samples for my Fantom-X that I needed for that gig. After setting up my rig, I explained to the bandleader that I needed to go home and get it before we went on, and somehow I made it home and back, normally a 40 to 45 minute ride each way, in maybe an hour ten including a mandatory stop for gas (well, the "somehow" involved speeding like crazy and driving like a maniac), made it back to the bar before downbeat, texting the guy the whole way back, "almost there! five minutes out!" etc.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Archived