Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mellotron rack at NAMM

Dana.

Fortner posted a photo on Instagram of himself with Markus Resch and a new Mellotron rack. Can someone at NAMM check it out and report back on availability and price? A Google search has yielded no info.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to find out but the booth was shared with a bunch of different analog manufacturers and there wasn't anyone who could help (at least while I was there). I was talking with a guy there who was trying to put money down to order one of the wooden action Mellotrons, but he could find anyone to help him either.

Busch.

Yeah, Markus is manning the Tron area alone. Go back in a few minutes and he will be there. Nice guy.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

For anyone who's interested, I emailed Markus directly and got this response from him within a few hours:

"It is not quite out yet, what we showed at NAMM was a fully working prototype. Please contact me in 6 weeks, I will have more info then. The price will be ca US$1700. It will have the same sounds and features as the M4000D, but of course no keyboard."

:cool:

Yeah. Markus does very good work.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I see Big City Music expects a new shipment of M4000Ds (with the wooden keyboard and poly aftertouch). I have more lust for this keyboard than any other.

Cue the picture!!http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/alanjpearson/Mellotron/DSC00026.jpg

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

Did that iPad app ever get MIDI functionality? I know the early Mellotron app now has it. I think the XL version of his product should have it otherwise its just a toy...

There are two versions of Markus's Mellotron app -- regular and XL -- and neither currently have MIDI functionality.

I see Big City Music expects a new shipment of M4000Ds (with the wooden keyboard and poly aftertouch). I have more lust for this keyboard than any other.

Cue the picture!!http://i342.photobucket.com/albums/o430/alanjpearson/Mellotron/DSC00026.jpg

Beautiful! The piano sounds aren't bad either (to my taste):

[video:youtube]

Archived