Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ruth by Ron Miller

GovernorSilver

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cannot find "Ruth" on Soundcloud! I, have somewhere or other, vol 1 and 2 of Ron's Harmony book. Being lazy, I never made headway with it! Fascinating ideas the way Ron lays it out, though.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Both thumbs up for Ron! I studied with him for my second year at the U of Miami way back when (1975!). After a year with Vince Lawrence (great player/teacher, but a HUGE intimidating ego), Ron's quiet, unassuming and very hip approach was just what I needed to develop/blossom. He's written a lot of great music, and made a lot of great music with players like Mark Colby (sax), Bobby Meyers (RIP, tpt) and others.

Check out his website for more (lots of recordings, check out freebies for some cool reharmonizations of standards):

Ron Miller

Jerry

I've got to be honest: I was so young/inexperienced in jazz that while he helped me immensely, I only wish I could go back with more under my fingers. He was helping me with the very basics, and giving me support/confidence to first help me find my "voice". Just what I needed after the intimidation of Vince. So we didn't get into too much in that one year.

A very musical guy - always serving the melody and the music.

Jerry

Archived