Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Big Photography Thread

It shore is Brett!! Makes you walk like this.... :taz: (Have been dying to find an excuse to use that one.... :D )...

But that is nothing compared to what betides you if you venture beyond it, into the sea........ (Ken you are getting slightly warm when you say "cool"... :cool: )

Thanks for sharing your pics, Linda, and thanks for your comments, everyone. :)

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please note that I sometimes take pictures of odd things, but these are things that just capture my attention and seem to need their story preserved.

:)

What good is a camera if we can't take photos of odd things?

It shore is Brett!! Makes you walk like this.... :taz: (Have been dying to find an excuse to use that one.... :D )...

But that is nothing compared to what betides you if you venture beyond it, into the sea........ (Ken you are getting slightly warm when you say "cool"... :cool: )

Thanks for sharing your pics, Linda, and thanks for your comments, everyone. :)

:D Thanks xknuckles. Do you mean as in Sea Monsters? - scream!!:D

Brett

These are nothing near as spectacular as what you all share here, but this is "Around Irwin Acres" (the shoot, do not look at until you off-load challenge).

They all came out fine except one . . . I needed to crop out my own shadow which I did not notice at the time but it was just at the edge.

Around Irwin Acres

Please note that I sometimes take pictures of odd things, but these are things that just capture my attention and seem to need their story preserved.

I like pictures of odd things too! Nicely done. You are exactly right - sometimes, these things need their story preserved. :)

These are nothing near as spectacular as what you all share here, but this is "Around Irwin Acres" (the shoot, do not look at until you off-load challenge).

They all came out fine except one . . . I needed to crop out my own shadow which I did not notice at the time but it was just at the edge.

Around Irwin Acres

I like pictures of odd things too! Nicely done. You are exactly right - sometimes, these things need their story preserved. :)

Sometimes, the unusual, the overlooked, the seemingly mundane, and, yes, the odd make for better photos.

8339kenlee-2015-09-04-2153_borregosprings-20sf28iso4000-4000k-800pxvertical.jpg

Isn't this cool how I got the two bighorn sheep to stand up perfectly still for the duration of this long exposure night sky photo? ;)

Thank you very much Linda & Brett. I certainly got lucky with the sun's rays that day.. :)

I have, unfortunately, got into a muddle on Flickr. I have unknowingly posted a rather poor quality version of my Sundog photo (and several others :( ). I am going to remove them in a minute and replace them with ones which are better technically. Apologies for messing up the chronology of this thread, but I can't see any way of editing the original post...... :blush:

Here goes again, then:

I just about managed to get my dog to sit still for this short exposure...... :)

21380832348_56d50c13d8_b.jpgSundog by Anne, on Flickr

As near as I can tell, Anne . . . sometimes even if you delete something, it stays on their server cache until they do a dump on it.

I actually have that problem in that I deleted a large number of big files from my Go Daddy web site and they are showing as "archived" even though I deleted them. Hopefully I can find a way to get those off as it counts against my available web space.

:idk

We were at an outdoor concert Thursday night and I grabbed some shots with the best camera I had (my iPhone that was in my pocket). I realized recently my iPhone 6 has the same megapixel count as my Canon DSLR. I know pixels aren't everything, but still, it does very well.

21584165715_378a7425aa_b.jpgStuff seen at an outdoor evening concert downtown. by Joe Stone Zone, on Flickr

21572827282_eae4df120d_b.jpgStuff seen at an outdoor evening concert downtown. by Joe Stone Zone, on Flickr

21396288748_7ffa8de228_b.jpgStuff seen at an outdoor evening concert downtown. by Joe Stone Zone, on Flickr

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Great pics Joe. I especially like the one of the buildings - I find such shots quite tricky with my iPhone.

Your Canon has only 8 megapixels! :o That is a huge surprise to me! How old is it?

What do you think about the new iPhone 6s which will have 12 megapixels..... Surely that wouldn't be capable of giving better quality images than an 8 mp canon......or would it?