Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

all work & no play makes jack a dull boy

bluzeyone

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was fun :cool:

Speaking of Jack, I'm down the road a little ways from the Stanley Hotel. Haven't yet been to Room 217 though....

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt198/allanevett/69c89936b349585eb766095dd5a47025_zpsaf08f1de.jpg

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt198/allanevett/69c89936b349585eb766095dd5a47025_zpsaf08f1de.jpg

:thu: I played a gig one time on a float in a Christmas parade. It was like 14° that day and so I can relate to that look! Especially after the city told me they'd mail the check to me!

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

Here's Johnny, All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

and so on and so on

nice use of sax... which tenor sax is that in the psr???

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Thank you! I needed to break away for a little while! Lol! This time of year, as I'm sure with all of you, family comes to mind. For me mostly its my dad. He would play his Les Paul, Strat, Tele, or my fave, a semi-solid, hotrodded Epiphone.

The sax had been modified a little. It was a stock sweet tenor that I moved a little with cut off, res, and modulation attack and depth during the delay portion of the envelope. Then bolted that motor up to a tape echo type tranny for effects. The only thing else fiddled with is the e-q in it to help it 'pop' out of the pair of BR yammys I use. Especially the 12" woof. Kindda wish I would have main veined the sound. The diaphragm in my phone is not very responsive to freqs.

Well that was fun :cool:

Speaking of Jack, I'm down the road a little ways from the Stanley Hotel. Haven't yet been to Room 217 though....

Its the Overlook.

That's correct - as far as the movie goes. And the room number was switched - from Stephen King's original, 217, to 237.

The Stanley connection is based on King's stay in room 217 in that hotel; experiences prior to and after that led to the writing of "The Shining". Also, the limited TV series based on the movie was filmed there.

Did Monsieur King actually experience anything at all akin to his horrifying stories? Or is he merely a wild and crazy guy ?

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

He claimed that his one night stay in room 217 was unsettling. And Jim Carey lasted a few hours there before checking out. Apparently that's the tip of the iceberg when it comes to room 217, and the Stanley in general. Some strange things....

I've wandered around the place, but have yet to book a night there; though my wife and I have talked about doing that. It's a very cool, old hotel. I was disappointed not to have heard the ballroom piano play itself, nor hear the subdued sound of a party in an empty room - both apparently repeated occurrences reported by the staff.

Great licks and expressiveness on that sax!

Thanks man! I was mainly programing it for xmas shows with midi triggers ect. so I didnt have my pedals hooked up. That would have made it much more dynamic I've only owned a few boards that were really inpirational and fun to play. That Yammy is one of them. I have my wk7500 in the foreground under my old battered juno. I play it like a piano but mainly Im waiting for santa to bring me a mini vent for it...hopefully!

Archived