Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Capabilities of Moogs - best models, features, overview

ChewisLewis

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree! You have to play one to understand a lot of the appeal. And the tone & timbre really cuts through in all ranges, especially in a live context. It also stands out well in a lot of recordings as well!

----------------------------------------------------------

Gig: Yamaha MODX7, NumaX 73 Piano  Studio: Kawai ES-920; Hammond SK Pro 73; Yamaha Motif ES7 w/DX,VL,VH; Yamaha YC 73; Kawai MP-6; Numa Compact 2x

When it had just come out, I played this one:

[video:youtube]

and a little later a Moog Source, and of course much more recently I've played a little while with a Voyager, and probably have been around a few more, and certainly I've heard more of them live, and evidently on the internet.

I'd say if I were rich (richer than I've been thus far, anyhow), I'd have wanted a PolyMoog and a MemoryMoog, and I wouldn't fear I'd get bores with those. Of course the Moog to covet seriously is a serious Modular Moog (of course I've heard the pedals with simple blocks, that works too, but I mean the whole big machine with all the modules.

In short, practically, probably I should have spent the relatively little money in the 80s when I could've bought a Pro One.

T

Archived