Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Limited ed RED Ventilator

Tobias Åslund

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and if your taking drink orders, Jack and Ginger will suffice....make it a double

AttaBoy :thu:

Can I get anybody else something while I'm up? :)

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

It's not easy manufacturing a weirdo niche product. Shit takes time. Neither of the two Guidos has the supply chain management resources that Apple and Sony do. All it takes is one vendor to eff up and you're hosed until you get things sorted out. I think that Neo, GSi, and H-S all have a strong enough track records that we can trust that good things will happen all in due time. Speculation is fine, but I don't see any point getting bent out of shape because the world somehow owes you explanations for every delay. Anyway, in the case of the Ventilator the gap in production was explained months ago.

Really? All of you guys who spend hours talking about these products and speculating about various different things, all of a sudden have changed your mind and now this kind of speculation is a waste of time.. ?

LIke I said, "a little speculation never hurt anyone, but it's hardly anything to be bothered about, IMO." You seem awfully worked up about this!

Here we have Hammond Suzuki who, on one hand, announce a product (leslie pedal) with great bravado at Winter NAMM with a delivery date of April and here we are in October and it's not available yet? That's a really very poor business practise, designed to stop people from buying competitive products and instead wait for our fantastic "real" deal!!! That's BS!!!!!

I guess you could also make the case that it was good business practice, if it actually did stop people from buying other companies' products! ;-) But I doubt too many potential Vent/Burn customers are holding out until they see what Hammond comes out with. I don't think Hammond has given us any reason to believe it's any better than what's already in their organs, so I think we have a sense of it already. In fact, if I remember correctly, their pedal is aimed more at guitarists anyway, no?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

OK. I'm ordering a round of beverages for all.

It's mandatory.

What'll you have? :cool:

http://www.haagendazs.com/images/shops/thumb-shakes-1.png

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Oh, and if your taking drink orders, Jack and Ginger will suffice....make it a double

AttaBoy :thu:

Can I get anybody else something while I'm up? :)

Tom, I'll have a Dogfish Head IPA also. In a glass please. :)

:nopity:

It's not easy manufacturing a weirdo niche product. Shit takes time. Neither of the two Guidos has the supply chain management resources that Apple and Sony do. All it takes is one vendor to eff up and you're hosed until you get things sorted out. I think that Neo, GSi, and H-S all have a strong enough track records that we can trust that good things will happen all in due time. Speculation is fine, but I don't see any point getting bent out of shape because the world somehow owes you explanations for every delay. Anyway, in the case of the Ventilator the gap in production was explained months ago.

I don't recall this, maybe you can enlighten us.. by the way the gap in production is being filled with discontinued products reappearing in new colours, and afterthought products that are overpriced... that's my whole point.

By the way, I fully understand the challenges of being a small organization.. I even understand the challenges of being a one man company OB Dave.. I was one of the first on your list, and I waited very patiently for your first set of drawbars and I never complained..!! So don't be too nasty!

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

BTW, one reason why the Mini Vent for organ was delayed is because the manufacturer had a death in the family. Such things can cause big unforeseen delays with small, independent companies like Neo Instruments.

Other than that, I'm staying out of this shitstorm. I've been playing with the new Mini Vent for the last few hours. It's great. Built like a rock, easy to customize the two presets (A and B), and it's got that sound!

http://jimalfredson.com/?p=110&fb_source=pubv1

Sounds pretty good.

Did you switch between A and B in this demo? I would like to hear more if you have a chance. Maybe more of the drive next time.

Jay

www.soundcloud.com/high-diving-act

www.yournewneighbors.com

www.mclovinmusic.com

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Krome EX, Novation Summit, Roland RD88 & Edge, Spectrasonic Keyscape

I don't know why it has some noise. The original video doesn't have noise... It happened after I uploaded it on YouTube. I don't know why... I will try to re-upload it...

Okay, I uploaded a better version. (I edited my post above) It still has some noise, but it's better than the first one. Because of the editing software I used, it got some noise. But originally, there is no noise on the video. Anyway, you can get the idea how it sounds like.

58 Hammond B3, 74 Leslie 122, 64 Hammond, A100, 61 Leslie 45, Hammond XK-5 system, Hammond SX Pro, SKX Pro, MAG P-2, etc... owned many others...

.... I stopped gigging with the Mojo for a couple of reasons, and I do not wanna talk about it in public....

I think many here would appreciate your feedback on issues/problems with the Mojo - particularly because 1) some of us are gearing up to make a big investment, 2) because it would probably help the Crumar folks do better (they sure always seem eager to do better and to help), and 3) those who already own a Mojo may need to know what to look for to not get stuck with an issue

Do us a solid and do tell!!!

-------------------------------

Nord Stage 3, Mojo Classic, Leslie 771, Vent

Archived