Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - LOTS OF PIANOS TO PLAY

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They did that in NYC a few years ago. Did anyone tell Boston that these pianos are made of wood that rots apart when exposed to the elements...?

They did the same in London too... I often wondered how much rain it would take to destroy a piano beyond any hope of repair....

They did that in NYC a few years ago.

They did the same in London too...

And Portland and Iowa City among others.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

The locations mentioned and the type of high profile event suggest they're not just leaving them out exposed to the elements and the hooligans. We've got some world class hooligans in these parts.

Ordinarily playing music in public without a license is verboten around here.

Let's see your artistic license and registration, punk. :cop:

--wmp

Seems like it's part of a much bigger project - see http://www.streetpianos.com/

I remember a thread about this last year. Thanks for the link. Seems like he's only been doing this since 2008 and doing it up big. In Boston he's hooked up with the 75th anniversary of another music event.

We've got a couple of pianos inside St Pancras station, London, which are well looked after as far as I can see. But every time I go through there they seem to be in use so I haven't had a go yet...

Left overs from last year's street pianos event? In any case, pianos in public places is pretty cool. I'm going to try assembling the singers in my band to go grab a little free publicity. Two out of three work in town.

--wmp

Archived