Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Power Outage Causes Modular Synth Enthusiast To Lose Patch H

Dave Bryce

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Daft Punk Random Access Memories

Easily one of the most anticipated and hyped albums of 2013, the title of Daft Punks newest album, Random Access Memories, might lead one to believe that the music contained within is as powerful as the computer hardware that inspired it.

While the power of RAM has roughly doubled every year, so has the hype and reputation surrounding Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter. The same cannot be said about the frequency of their musical output.

If they keep it up, this site will be one to watch.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

:laugh:

I don't know which statement I find funnier.

This:

LeBlanc, who has been single since purchasing his first modular unit four years ago...

Or this:

I had invested two LSD trips and countless joints into this particular patch that I had been programming since November, 2012. I would leave my equipment on when I went to work and immediately return to it after getting home. The synth was never turned off, and the achievements I was making sonically with the patch were not of this world.

Of course, over the years, I've always said to my daughters that if you're out on a date, and he starts a sentence with:

I was in the middle of re-patching a sine generator into an analog delay unit, then back into itself, then into the existing patch which was being arpeggiated by my sequencer, when I..."

Run, don't walk, away as fast as you can. Wherever you are, call me. I'll come pick you up. :freak:

---------------

Good catch, dB!

ITGITC? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I hate to be the party pooper, but wouldn't knobs and patch cables remain in the same spot after power came back on?
Custom handmade clocks: www.etsy.com/shop/ClockLight

Maybe the electrical surge was so powerful that it caused the flow of electrons in the cables to actually snap the cables out of their sockets and into different sockets.

Maybe not.

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

Archived