Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil upped the ante? New keyboard with new piano samples

Delaware Dave

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the latest with this model? Absolutely nothing on the website, which is pretty bad. Yam, Rol, Korg and even Casio are light years ahead in terms of marketing. I accept Kurz is a small company but how hard would it be to create a webpage on a product. It was announced ages ago and still nothing!

On a side note, all the best to Dave Weiser with his new venture, www.weisersound.com Cool name for a future killer workstation perhaps?

It does make me worry about Kurzweil though. Dave had a fantastic online presence and it makes me wonder if the Artis will ever come to fruition

Thanks!

I need to be clear that I no longer work or speak for Kurz.

I'm still in touch with the guys at Kurz - they're all great friends of mine. I can't talk about what they're up to other than to say I think they have a plan and knowing them it's likely a good one.

I'm psyched to get my hands on the Artis when it arrives. The pianos were incredibly fun to program and play plus it has a good amount of the new KORE 64 sounds that really liven up the set.

• 2 weeks later...
The PC3le8 is currently available for £995 (uk sterling) whilst the PC3k8 is £1850. Not sure how they'll price the Artis. If it's more than the le8, I'd probably buy the le8 with its better overall feature set. However, I cannot imagine the Artis costing less than £1000. Confused

Kurzweil PC3x

Technics SX-P50

Korg X3

WOnder if Kurz will eventually offer the new piano sound as a dl

for current Kurz users...

Don't want to dwell too much on this... but I am absolutely positive that we won't be releasing that sample for PC3 or PC3K.

I was joking on page 1 when I said that I can't wait for the new piano samples to become available for my PC2X.

OTOH, with the new piano, who is going to want to buy units with the old triple-strike samples?

Check out the sweetening of the deals at Sweetwater on the PC3K8, PC3K7, and PC3K6:

Special Offer: Free KORE 64 ROM, Ribbon Controller, and Gig Bag!

:thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

OTOH, with the new piano, who is going to want to buy units with the old triple-strike samples?
With the PC3K series (with the 128Mb of sample space available) you could load a new piano sample into the area (although not the Artis piano sample). Sweetwater offers new piano samples that can be loaded into the PC3K series. So there is still a great value for this series.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

With the PC3K series (with the 128Mb of sample space available) you could load a new piano sample into the area (although not the Artis piano sample). Sweetwater offers new piano samples that can be loaded into the PC3K series. So there is still a great value for this series.

In addition, there are people for whom the triple-strike piano works perfectly well, or who are interested in Kurzweils primarily for their non-piano sounds. (But sure, I expect that the next generation workstation will include their new piano sound, too.)

Has anyone seen a price on the Artis yes? The web site says it's shipping, so it must have a price, but no online dealer is showing it yet, as far as I've seen.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Am I alone thinking the audio demos for the Artis on Kurzweil's site are terrible?

No. If you've got a kick-ass new piano, you show it off, you don't post a bunch of 20 to 30 second clips of EDM and Indie piano sounds. What is an Indie piano? :idk

Also, "Gina's Groove" is a total "Get Lucky" ripoff.

Has anyone seen a price on the Artis yes? The web site says it's shipping, so it must have a price, but no online dealer is showing it yet, as far as I've seen.

For now the street price is $2195 US and it should be shipping in July.
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Am I alone thinking the audio demos for the Artis on Kurzweil's site are terrible?
Yes. There is nothing "terrible" about them. Nord Electro 2 acoustic pianos are terrible. Artis demo's are not terrible.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Yes. There is nothing "terrible" about them. Nord Electro 2 acoustic pianos are terrible. Artis demo's are not terrible.

Ok, "terrible" was a bit hard, but I wasn't referring to the sounds themselves, rather the choice of music.

"Show me all the blueprints. I'm serious now, show me all the blueprints."

My homemade instruments

Me. :wave:

I ordered a PC3K8 shortly after my PC3X was stolen. I want my tweaked versions of stock piano and EP sounds back ASAP.

Check out the sweetening of the deals at Sweetwater on the PC3K8, PC3K7, and PC3K6:

Special Offer: Free KORE 64 ROM, Ribbon Controller, and Gig Bag!

:thu:

I'm pretty sure you can get the same deal from Dave Weiser. He isn't an employee anymore, but he is a dealer.

--wmp

Kurz's new 6 strike piano is sounding totally Awesome from where I am. Now the old piano sounds terrible in comparison :D.

>>

I'm biding my time ,waiting to get my hands on this or the next Flagship. I have waited for such a long time,but I know my time will come (unless everything goes boom):D.

Brett.

• 2 months later...
Still a lot of weird sound components in there.

If you play them backwards you'll find that they are secret messages from the Lizard Overlords who control the New World Order. [video:youtube]

:D Good one Dave! :D.

(I wish he was wrong about the Banksters).

Brett

Archived