Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey db!

timwat

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah..it's a love fest with me and the CPs. :D I'm considering just sucking it up (schlep/weight speaking) and using it on certain gigs where the load in and set up space aren't really stupid. The 55 lbs of the thing, lifting in & out of the case and onto the keyboard stand, never really bothered me...it was the maneuvering around the obstacle courses of people eating dinner, chairs and tables, etc.

Yeah man, the CP5 is the s..t. Heck I'd like to have both the CP1 & 5. :thu:

Yeah man, the CP5 is the s..t. Heck I'd like to have both the CP1 & 5. :thu:

I second that. GC was recently blowing out a new one for $1700. I almost went for it. Would have been my second one.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Aw man... So the Symphony thread got the axe? Waters are getting rough around here... :(

Re-posted from another thread:

FWIW, I think people have been getting a bit out of hand around here lately. I do support free speech, and do think the forum should mostly be self policing, like real life....but I also reserve the right to express my opinion.

Also FWIW, I manage to post here without almost ever getting combative with anyone (other than steadyb in NBA threads), regardless of how much I disagree with their POV...and I come from Philly, the home of civility.... :rolleyes::poke:

I'm not going to call out any names, but there are some forum members that tend to be more caustic than I would be. There are definitely instances where new/less experienced/less caustic members have been made sport of/made to feel bad for transgressions like having the audacity to ask a question that they had no idea was asked before. I honestly have a hard time feeling good about that, and I'd really like for it to stop.

Most of you know me well enough to know that I hate having to be the police. I want to be able to enjoy the forum just as much as anyone else. I don't dig banning people. It's not ideal having to spend time exchanging PMs with people explaining policy, etc. It's a serious drag to have to go through threads and edit out or delete posts, and I never feel right about nuking threads that usually contain useful info in addition to the firefights that break out in them.

I'd really appreciate it if the next time someone feels the need to tell someone else what an asshole you think they're being, or that they need to read their manual that you just go to another thread instead.

Is that really so hard? :idk:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Yeah, I don't blame you at all, it was getting much too agitated. It's just too bad, I thought it could have been a very nice discussion.

It seems I'm going through a dark period of trolling. A Facebook friend just posted something quite offensive, based on his own beliefs as well as his intention to troll. Hopefully we can move to smoother sailing soon.

Thanks for all you do, Dave. :thu:

A Facebook friend just posted something quite offensive, based on his own beliefs as well as his intention to troll. Hopefully we can move to smoother sailing soon.

Facebook is dangerous.

I found out much more about my friends than I ever wanted to know.

So I did a Sven.

I'm a happpier guy for it. :)

Or... it could be the beer.

ITGITC? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Facebook is dangerous. I found out much more about my friends than I ever wanted to know.

Tom, I TOLD you I could totally explain that picture of me in a tutu...

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Facebook is dangerous. I found out much more about my friends than I ever wanted to know.

Tom, I TOLD you I could totally explain that picture of me in a tutu...

:rolleyes:

You can rationalize this all you want, Aidan.

But I will never be able to clean out all the soda from my computer keyboard! :laugh:

Tom

PS - Err... whatcha doin' tonight, honey? :love:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Aw man... So the Symphony thread got the axe? Waters are getting rough around here... :(

Anything dealing with unions :). It's like the unholy spawn of race, religion and politics in one conversation. I'm still missing body parts from the last time I got in one of those threads here.

Re-posted from another thread:

FWIW, I think people have been getting a bit out of hand around here lately. I do support free speech, and do think the forum should mostly be self policing, like real life....but I also reserve the right to express my opinion.

Also FWIW, I manage to post here without almost ever getting combative with anyone (other than steadyb in NBA threads), regardless of how much I disagree with their POV...and I come from Philly, the home of civility.... :rolleyes::poke:

I'm not going to call out any names, but there are some forum members that tend to be more caustic than I would be. There are definitely instances where new/less experienced/less caustic members have been made sport of/made to feel bad for transgressions like having the audacity to ask a question that they had no idea was asked before. I honestly have a hard time feeling good about that, and I'd really like for it to stop.

Most of you know me well enough to know that I hate having to be the police. I want to be able to enjoy the forum just as much as anyone else. I don't dig banning people. It's not ideal having to spend time exchanging PMs with people explaining policy, etc. It's a serious drag to have to go through threads and edit out or delete posts, and I never feel right about nuking threads that usually contain useful info in addition to the firefights that break out in them.

I'd really appreciate it if the next time someone feels the need to tell someone else what an asshole you think they're being, or that they need to read their manual that you just go to another thread instead.

Is that really so hard? :idk:

dB

Not that they're read often enough, but wouldn't this be worth posting under Forum Policies? At least the parts about how to treat new forum members, and the "I'd really appreciate it..." paragraph.

Just a thought. :idk:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived