Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A different kind of X stand fail

mcgoo

This morning in worship, I was jamming along to Charlie Hall's version of "Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee" when my X stand collapsed. It wasn't holding any keyboards of value, thankfully. Instead it was holding my aging & evidently too heavy keester. It was some generic keyboard bench with an X brace for legs. Pretty funny, pretty embarrasing but thankfully I wasn't hurt. Was on my feet in no time, 'cause the show, er, um, I mean Worship, must go on! :laugh:

We usually video tape services, so I may go digging to see if I was caught on camera. If so, I may let y'all enjoy a good laugh at my expense.

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easy to solve those X stand problems with a rope or strap tying the top support arms together. Some people learn the first time, some don't. It took them a while to figure out elevator problems too. Invent the X stand strap, patent it, and make a ton of money like Mr. Otis. Or just cover your gear and your ...

Yes, I learned the hard way. :laugh:

--wmp

By chance, did you play Chris Tomlin's "We Fall Down" after this happened? :laugh:;)

:laugh::thu:

I'd like to add that a regular piano bench would be more secure, but that isn't always the case. I was playing post service music for a church in my hometown, several years back, when the bench disintegrated. A friend had sat down next to me, and next thing we were sitting on the floor with the bench legs several feet away, the lid sheared off, and the frame wrapped tightly around both of our behinds. That was the end of the postlude....

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived