Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I don't like this fish.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Super 8:

Are those the fish that are able to kind of crawl out of the water and have been known to attack small dogs and sometimes people?

I've heard of this somewhere, but I can't remember where. They are kind of nasty fish.

No, not those... Others. They're called crocodiles .
I am back.

Are those the fish that are able to kind of crawl out of the water and have been known to attack small dogs and sometimes people?

I've heard of this somewhere, but I can't remember where. They are kind of nasty fish.

Looks like about a 30 mile walk for the fish to get to my house. Should I be worried? :eek:
None more black.

Originally posted by Gulliver:

No, not those... Others. They're called crocodiles .

No. They're not crocodiles. They are fish. They either have a way of breathing both in water and out, or they hold their breath real good. They are maybe 1 or 2 feet long. Fresh water. They are a real problem in some parts, I've read. I wish I could remember where I read about them.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

From what I just read, yes, Snakeheads are good eatin'. They're just apex predators, and they are partially air breathing. They can slither across dry land and survive with no problem, for up to 4 days, as long as they stay moist. They were imported as food, but someone released a pair in that pond, and the replicated. Over and over. They put a fence up and put the poison in the water. Show's over, folks. Nothing to worry about. But they aren't evil.
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

The original "fish that walked on land," and the closest living relative to the ancestors of land-living vertebrates, is the Coelacanth. Believed to be the "missing link" and extinct, one was found in 1939. While extremely rare, others have been found since.

http://www.dinofish.com/cimages/caveswim.gif

-eace, ove, nd rittanylips

Anything that is slower than you, is good eatin'.
Even faster things are good eatin' as long as they fall within the range of my rifle. They may be able to out-run me; but not a 'well aimed' bullet. :cool:

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

ReGurigTron - an equal opportunity destroyer

When bar-owner Moe S. on the Simpsons had a go with a family-oriented restaurant, it failed dismally due to his lack of people skills and overall cheapness. As people were shuffling out disappointedly, he promised, to anyone who would stay, "a free steak.......fish".

That is how I imagine a snakehead will taste.

Give me the ANALOG and no one gets HURT

Originally posted by Dr. Taz:

What's snakefish taste like? It better not be chicken! :freak:

It looks like it'd be a bit more 'gamey' than chicken w/just a touch of mud.

Michael Oster

F7 Sound and Vision

ReGurgiTron - an equal opportunity destroyer

Originally posted by spokenward:

This is in the land just slightly beyond Beef-A-Roo

Okay... Where are you at? You can't be too far from me if you know of these things.
Aaaaahhhhhh!!!! http://www.muller-godschalk.com/images/msnbonus/sickbigeye.gif

I got soooo sick from one of those places recently...ugh.

"For instance" is not proof.

Archived