Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

historically significant keyboard work

reidmc

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy CRAP!! I almost voluntarily listened to The Osmonds!! Whew, that was close... :freak:
Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Well, for one thing, this is the first documented appearance of Justin Bieber (0:42) and Jimmy Page (1:45) together.

Then consider that the lead vocals were ghosted by Dave Mustaine, and the undocumented theory that Johnny Winter handled the keyboard work, and I think this is very historically significant.

Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I thought it was one of those spoof videos like a "shreds" version, except it appears to be real. :o

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The other disturbing element, every once and a while, it starts to kind of get a nice groove going, but then it always quickly crashes and becomes absurd.

I find it mesmerizing...

Steinway L, Yamaha Motif XS-8, NE3 73, Casio PX-5S, iPad, EV ZLX 12-P ZZ(x2), bunch of PA stuff.

Donny has been doing this song in recent years (I can't find specific dates that are less than six years ago, but I can't be sure about more recent clips).

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP4IGsfWhTY

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived