Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Going out in style

Scott Fraser

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if they took any funerary-procession cues from "Saint James Infirmary Blues"?

You can see in the photos that his mourning family and friends really respected and cared deeply for him...

Gotta love this photo- classic, a real piece of those times...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/02/article-0-14584805000005DC-541_634x418.jpg

:cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Looks like a Buddy Holly tribute...the folding neck was a nice touch...I think it was quite a job carrying that guitar on the shoulders and no handles on the sides, I'm sure it took a few practice sessions...RIP.
Take care, Larryz

It's a bit creepy in a way.....and kinda narcissistic. You're dead...you're done.....what's the point? It's more effort for the poor buggers who have to carry you and the funeral home who has to cremate or bury your ass. Not to mention how much it had to have cost the missus. Pretty dear I would think.

I mean, it really is devoid of any sort of class. You don't see the big rockers or pop artists going out like this. This is like trying to get attention even after you are toast. I mean it's not like he's the King of Flipping Wherever and needs an ornately adorned casket carried by horse and cannon cart down the bloody streets of the city lined with all his minions to the beat of a pipe and drum marching band, followed by all the buggers in the 1st Infantry Brigade. Followed by tea of course!

LOL!!

Well, hey...maybe he has started a new trend. Next it will be a Les Paul player....not to be outdone. I shudder to think what a certain famous American rockabilly player will come up with if this thing catches on. Seeing a LOT of glitter and flame pin striping.

:laugh:

All in good fun of course.......however he wanted to go out is good by me. Just having a lighthearted laff!

I wonder if his Strat was inside with him? I bet it was! Well, do they allow that with cremations? Here you'd have the flipping EPA putting the kibosh on that.

Personally I like the idea of the Viking funeral.

Maybe it was his family's and friends' idea, their wish to do something special to honor and remember him.

After all, funerals are for the living...

Geez, I told my wife to have me cremated, and throw my ashes in the trash. You can see how reverent I am about a body that no longer houses me...........

By the way I have donated my body to science care, and the cost of my cremation is zero.....

Maybe one of you pickers will wind up with my organs or tissues, (sometime in the distant future I hope) if so enjoy......

After all, funerals are for the living...

Except for the dead person in the coffin.

Doesn't mean a thing to them; only to those left behind who remember them and were affected by their living and dying.

desertbluesman- TOTALLY with you on being an organ donor and hopefully benefiting someone who actually needs the parts and materials!

desertbluesman- TOTALLY with you on being an organ donor and hopefully benefiting someone who actually needs the parts and materials!

I did it because I am too cheap to pay for the cremation myself, even though I won't feel that pain myself, the wifey is a good woman so I saved her a grand or two, and if someone else benefits from it more power to them.

I've formally asked for a burning pyre floating on a private lake.

I doubt I'll get that unless I leave a bag of money for the costs and another bag of money tied to the performance of my wishes.

Why save money for that when there is s much guitar stuff I need to buy now! I NEED IT!!!

I've formally asked for a burning pyre floating on a private lake.

I doubt I'll get that unless I leave a bag of money for the costs and another bag of money tied to the performance of my wishes.

Why save money for that when there is s much guitar stuff I need to buy now! I NEED IT!!!

:D:thu::cool:

[video:youtube]

:rawk::cool:

Archived