Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

No Wonder Deep Purple Loved These Guys...

HammondDave

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree! My brother turned me onto them in the 60's, and I bought a Hammond... Ditched the Farfisa... Here is a cut from the same guys (minus Tim) taped last year...

[video:youtube]

and then... Mr Appice can still sing... Love this arrangement...

[video:youtube]

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

They were cool at the time, though they would have been a heck of a lot more interesting if they had more than one arrangement for everything they played.
"The Doomer allows the player to do things beyond which are possible without the accessory."

CApp records here, and still kills live.

Serious power drummer.

My Bassist is signed with them as he was his bassist in the '80s.

Funny thing is on the first LP the drums were done while he was out with UFO using a Control 24. Then everyone else sent in stems, and the Bassist went throught the SSL4000G+ and did the entire LP in 11 hours. Just in time for the gig that night....

Nice studio though, the best equipped I have seen in years.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/630/img22642.jpg

Magnus C350 and a TV Dinner Tray Stand

http://soundcloud.com/you/sets

I may still have a couple of shirts in the back of the closet with those monster sized collar lapels.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Sounds like he needs to zap that scanner.

;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

;)

I don't think so... What you are hearing is only the horn being miked at a close distance.... Remember, this was taped in a TV studio...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

;)

I don't think so... What you are hearing is only the horn being miked at a close distance.... Remember, this was taped in a TV studio...

Hence the " ;) " in my post. Now you get a :rolleyes: and a :P

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

They were from Long Island, with two other bands coming out of there about the same time - Vagrants (Leslie West) and Young Rascals.

VF kind of sucked hind boobie to those other two bands as far as getting respect from the locals.

While VF helped start heavy metal, Rascals went the soul route.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd_BEqg8wvc

Moe

---

The Rascals were great as well... But as far as energy and power are concerned, it's hard to beat the Fudge....

To hear how great they were live, check out "Box of Fudge". There is a complete live concert very well recorded circa 1969 on that double CD.

Back in the sixties, I thought Vanilla Fudge were meant for druggies after dropping acid and then chilling. :cop:

I thought the Rascals could be appreciated by straight people too, more musical. The Rascals had a lot more hit songs that got radio play. VF was more of an underground group, like most early metal/drug bands of the era.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely adore the Rascals... What a great variety of music we had back then... Can you imagine the diversity in sound that these late 60's bands had? Not like today...

The Beatles

Rolling Stones

Spirit

Vanilla Fudge

Rascals

Pink Floyd

The Nice

Canned Heat

Yardbirds

Spencer Davis Group

King Crimson

Janis Joplin

Sweetwater

Deep Purple

Grand Funk

And on... And on.... And on...

Archived