Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hot player?

Jazz+

[video:youtube]

Find 675 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's playing the old Kurzweil PC88 with a Roland KC-300 amp.

Find 675 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

He's playing the old Kurzweil PC88

Yes,- Kurz works great in band context,- it did always.

One of my friends is audio engineer, studio and live.

He himself plays guitar and piano too, owns a PC88 and doesn´t feel the need to replace it.

In fact he likes it too much.

Enjoyed the clip,- thx !

A.C.

Jazz+, I've played with Peter Horvath (different bands, he was sitting with Ray Obiedo and I was with my group, Zarate Pollace Project) and he played the Kurz as a controller, and I think his sound "brain" was a Yamaha Motif or something like that. Are you sure he wasn't playing through a module here?

EDIT: Actually, that looks like Ray on guitar, and Marc VW on bass (who also plays w/Ray), can't see who's on drums.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

I am sure there is no module in that clip.

Yes

Just thought I'd come to back to this topic since curiosity about Peter's rig got the better of me.... I ended up emailing him to let him know about this thread (and forum) and to ask about his rig on this gig. I dont know if he'll show up here, but I don't think he'd mind if I passed on the following info:

He said his keyboard rig in that video is a small version of his local in town equipment.The main keyboard in that video is Kurzweil pc1se, and it was "triggering a custom tweaked Rhodes sound out of my Motif Rack along with a modified vintage Rhodes out of the Kurzweil.All that through the nice and not so clean ,gutsy sound of 2 KC 300 amps. And then there is a wah pedal in between...My road rider is much more elaborate but I only use that on tours mostly outside of the US.I hope that helps..."

Fwiw.

I gotta say he's not the only bad-ass musician I know running through Roland kc amps. Sometimes it's just a function of musos not placing a priority on chasing the latest gear, like they find what works for them and use it till the wheels fall off.

Original Latin Jazz

CD Baby

"I am not certain how original my contribution to music is as I am obviously an amateur." Patti Smith

Same guy playing in the McCoy Tyner , Chick Corea "Matrix" style:

[video:youtube]

Archived