Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: They cut me open last week

desertbluesman

I had a major surgery called a ureterostomy on May 23rd. In other words they cut me open, cut a piece out of my ureter (the pipe from the kidney to the bladder) then sowed it all back together. This ureter is the one under my one working kidney. The kidney was in danger because of a stricture in the ureter.

6 weeks from now the stent comes out and we shall see if it worked or not. So far he has done a lot of these and he says he has never have had such a procedure fail. So that is one good thing.....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the best, DBM...but...is it my imagination or are there a lotta medical probs suddenly bestting us here ?

Not complaining abt the subject matter; not insensitive to the situations or anything---I just wonder what's going on...

Is there an increase in incidents or a shift in topicality ?

d=halfnote

All the best, DBM...but...is it my imagination or are there a lotta medical probs suddenly bestting us here ?

Not complaining abt the subject matter; not insensitive to the situations or anything---I just wonder what's going on...

Just aging guitarists. No big change really we is just gettin older.....

Speak for yourself.

I don't wanna grow up. I'm a Toys'R'Us Kid! :D:P:wave:

SO, how are you feeling now? I hope you're healing and doing well.

Gets better every day thanks......

Good! :thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I suspect the number of medical threads will inspire a new Blues song...

"Woke up in the morning',

Dragged my ass up outta bed.

Was gonna have coffee

Took a HANDFUL of PILLS instead!

I gots me the JUST

seen the doctor

blues..."

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I just turned 58 - still a teenager at heart. I seem to be in excellent health at the moment, but I know what it's like to face health challenges.... no one's idea of fun!

Thank God nowadays doctors can perform wonders with modern medical technology - of course, they are limited, too, as are all human beings..... luckily, the body is designed to heal itself when the cause is removed, or we'd all have been dead ages ago.

I read yer response in a "Walter Brennan/Grandpa McCoy" voice, so you might gueass at my age, still, there's a lotta younger cats here & even for older ones life may be longer than we think.

Anything could happen but I myself am aiming for at least 130.

d=halfnote

i had a cool compliment the other day when a younger worker was talking about his OLD dad, i asked "how old is he?"

"52" he said.. i responded "holy crap that is old!" ( a friend was sitting there who knew MY age..snicker)

anyway i asked J how old he thought i was...."42" he replied......

ha!! i am 51!!!

Archived