Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KM review, said that kawai Mp10 is all time fav action??

User_35092

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My all time favorite action is that of my trusty Nord Electro 3 73! ;)

*ducking for cover* :D

:deadhorse:

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

I played one, and it is a perfectly nice feel, but I didn't find it to be exceptional.

Kurzweil figured out how to do a great feeling action on their Midiboard over 20 years ago, I'm surprised we're still struggling with this. Sure, it weighed 85 pounds, but the MP-10 is no featherweight. At its weight, it should be outstanding.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I played one, and it is a perfectly nice feel, but I didn't find it to be exceptional.

Kurzweil figured out how to do a great feeling action on their Midiboard over 20 years ago, I'm surprised we're still struggling with this. Sure, it weighed 85 pounds, but the MP-10 is no featherweight. At its weight, it should be outstanding.

I m getting to the point,that the midiboard is the way to go.

I get new gear

The Kurzweil MIDIboard was originally made to work with the K250 rack version. The K250 also had a keyboard version, which used the same keyboard and some of the other same parts. This was prior to the K1000, K1200, K2000, K2500, and K2600 series; so the design was from the 1980's.

From what I've been told (I've never seen one up close) the action was wood and felt like a grand piano action. Result was a great feel, but a VERY heavy board.

Couple that with the fact that the early integrated circuits inside it are no longer being made - and the price which it would have to sell for - they can't justify making one now (although a modern version with really full MIDI capabilities, several inputs, several outputs, built in switching, etc.) would be a really, really great studio keyboard - or road keyboard for those fortunate to have a full road crew for setup).

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Updating my old message here... since I hate "wrong" stuff to stand if I happen to remember writing it... As I just mentioned elsewhere, I don't like the feel of the MP-10 at all. I'm kind of surprised at the Keyboard Magazine quote, but it goes to show how subjective this kind of thing is.

My favorite piano action these days is the Roland FP-7F, though it's too heavy for me to cart around. I suspect I'd like it at least as much as the Midiboard if I had the opportunity to A/B them. (Plus at least you could get parts for it.)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I m getting to the point,that the midiboard is the way to go.

I am not sure where on Earth you live but here is one:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/2317044230.html

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

St. Louis ... a little far away from where i live ..

looks ok...

thanx ... looked at the Roland FP-7F that would do for my

for my needs the only sad part is that it does not have

poly AT or BC input

i hope i can play both soon.

I get new gear

ooked at the Roland FP-7F that would do for my

poly AT or BC input

Not much does. the VAX77 has poly AT and is supposed to have a wonderful feeling keyboard, and it weighs under 40 lbs...

It (

ooked at the Roland FP-7F that would do for my

poly AT or BC input

Not much does. the VAX77 has poly AT and is supposed to have a wonderful feeling keyboard, and it weighs under 40 lbs...

It is wonderful feeling, and the most accurate and expressive electronic keyboard I've ever played, but it is not intended to have a piano action. It is kind of its own thing.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Archived