Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Keith Emerson-ess

Gary75

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent playing, but the percussion sound is killing me! Maybe it's just the way it sounds on the camera mic.

That's the sweet 'attack' of the 70s era Electone. It actually makes the sound cut just that little bit more, but too much is too much!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

If I'm correct there was a news report about her, when she was 3 years old she could play Beethoven and other classical artists by ear without any training whatsoever.
"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

Ok, that's it. I quit. Done. All she wrote. I'm going home.

That girl is amazing. I've played that song for years, and she completely smokes me! I'd love to see her get her hands on Keith's modular. :crazy:

Thanks for sharing.....I think.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Her organ has some type of controller ribbon on it which she uses in her Pictures at an Exhibition video. She really tries to approximate a lot of Emerson's Moog sounds.
Estonia 190, Korg TrinityPlus, Yamaha P90, Roland PK-5a

I'm wondering if she and Keith ever met? That really needs to happen!

He's well aware of her. He posted a bit on his Facebook page about her. Apparently some musical instruments were stolen from her and he was describing her talent and gathering support for her after the incident.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

very cool in all regards! She's amazing.

OT - just thinking about the capabilities technology has provided...we can view/hear video & audio performed by someone most of us would never have heard (if not for internet, etc.) or had chance to appreciate their talent. Youtube can keep me glued for hours watching old vintage bands at their best - ELP included!

She can sure play that C3!!!

PC3X, PC1se, NE2 61, DSI P08, ARP Odyssey MkII 2810, ARP Little Brother, Moog Slim Phatty, Doepfer Dark Energy, Arturia MiniBrute, Microkorg, Motion Sound KP200S,

Archived