Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I created a monster...

mcgoo

Our Youth service at church (with a total kid praise team) needed a keyboard & they asked me to make recommendations. So I found out the budget & took the Youth band's keyboard player to a few music stores.

We settled on the Roland Juno Gi- it seemed to have all the capabilities he wanted, sounded good and seemed easy to get around on. I let him go thru some sounds for a while, and then he started playing with some analog sawtooth wave type lead patches. I said, "hey, check this out..." and proceeded to show him what the filter cutoff & resonance knobs did. His eyes went wide open, & he was grinning from ear to ear... Went thru a few other of the bells & whistles, and he was hooked. Not just on the board, but on the idea that it's not just a matter of calling up a sound & playing, but it's fun to alter & tweak a sound.

His needs are mostly meat & potatoes. The board does that but has just enough extras, that I may have converted another piano playing teen into a synth geek. Fun. :)

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, kb players in general are lowest on the hotness totem pole of musicians anyway.
Indeed, but it is in fact possible to woo someone with a sensitive piano rendition of a popular song. Tweaking a filter on the other hand...... ;)
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

well, kb players in general are lowest on the hotness totem pole of musicians anyway.
Indeed, but it is in fact possible to woo someone with a sensitive piano rendition of a popular song. Tweaking a filter on the other hand...... ;)

"Hey baby, why don't I tweak your filters?"

Works every time. ;)

You have just turned the kid on to the most effective form of birth control for teenage boys - synth geekdom, the ultimate abstinence maker

Um, not true in the slightest.

leaving.gif

Estonia 190, Korg TrinityPlus, Yamaha P90, Roland PK-5a

You have just turned the kid on to the most effective form of birth control for teenage boys - synth geekdom, the ultimate abstinence maker

Um, not true in the slightest.

leaving.gif

:thu:

I'm sure we can adapt this to synth tweaking:

Learning Piano to Get Laid

Hmm. How about, "My filter will sweep you off your feet," or "I can envelop you with my filter envelope."

No?

Great to hear these stories. This is what Music is all about. Passing the torch to the next generation. Being that he is a KB Player is the icing on the cake.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Custom B-3 Chop w/ 145 Leslie

Archived