Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2 official Numa Piano & Numa Organ demos

Al Coda

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joey is such a mf, even on piano. He has an innate, incredible feeling for the blues.The music just joyfully flows out of him--he's a very special cat, a national treasure in a way. We should all enjoy him while we can.

It's funny how people say--"he plays organ like a piano player". Well, he plays piano like an organist, at least when it comes to voicing chords--that's ok, it's what comes out that matters.

Both instruments sound good.

Both instruments sound good.

That´s why I posted the links.

I was surprised how good both instruments sound because these are the 1st demos I heard offering clean audio quality.

The organ is definitely the KeyB engine.

I hope is o.k. I´m copying the statement from Mr. KeyB himself:

>>>

Hi to everybody,

many people send me mails asking where is possible to listen the KeyB in

good way.

I add to you this link

It's the Numa organ. As I said in the past the core and sound of it is

the same of KeyB so................

Has been recorded in the hard disk recording directly. Eq flat and

anything else.

The italian player is Alberto Marsico and he wrote the song. You know

the other player.

I hope that you like it. I'm sorry for my english.

Best Regards

Elvio Previati

KeyB maker

<<<

The price for both instruments is just only slightly higher than for only a XK3c in germany,- EUR 2.648.- vs. EUR 2.589.-.

To me, that sounds like a great deal especially because it´s also compact, lightweight and there are no wallwarts.

Both keyboards together ~ 24kg (~53 pounds).

A.C.

I think Joey would make any digital piano sound good. That being said, I wasn't that impressed with the piano sound, a little too plunky for me.

Somewhat related, I auditioned a Numa Nano controller, which I think has the same action as the Numa Piano. The best part about it was the weight (22 lbs). It has a decent feeling action, but I do prefer my S70XS, which was right next to it. The negative part was that after about 15 minutes of playing, I realized that some keys sounded different when bottoming out than others, and much worse, I found a key near the middle range of the piano that triggered a hotter velocity value than adjacent keys. Sent it back.

I think Joey would make any digital piano sound good.

Which doesn´t mean he´s the only one.

That being said, I wasn't that impressed with the piano sound, a little too plunky for me.

O.k.,- matter of taste,- as always in regards of sampled acoustic piano sounds.

Somewhat related, I auditioned a Numa Nano controller, which I think has the same action as the Numa Piano.

Yep,- TP 100 LR

The best part about it was the weight (22 lbs).

To me, it seems, if someone wants a very lightweigt 88-weighted keys keyboard today, the TP 100 LR is probably the only solution.

It has a decent feeling action, but I do prefer my S70XS, which was right next to it.

Well,- what a comparison.

76-keys,- EUR 2.299.- street price, 45lbs, larger size.

The Numa Piano costs EUR 1.099.-, 30lbs

The negative part was that after about 15 minutes of playing, I realized that some keys sounded different when bottoming out than others, and much worse, I found a key near the middle range of the piano that triggered a hotter velocity value than adjacent keys. Sent it back.

Good info, thx !

You had it @home beneath your S70XS or in a shop ?

I´m just asking by interest !

It´s advertised coming w/ "3 velocity curves + 10 designed by Fatar Touch System" which is some kind of automatic learning algorythm which adapts to the players touch.

So,- if someone else played the keyboard before you did and figured around w/ this feature, can it be there were some customized "velocity adaptions" stored in the machine already ?

Or did you reset the keyboard and/or tried the 3+10 velocity curves all yourself or used the "Touch System" yourself too ?

Assumed the Fatar Touch System works perfect, maybe Joey D. used it to match his touch.

I´ve just read a report from a guy who tested and buyed the Numa Nano for his GEM-RPX and he says the action is excellent, very dynamic and the Touch System works great and needs 30sec. to create a usable custom curve storable per preset.

He also tested it w/ Steinberg The Grand 2 and Rhodes sounds of Nord Electro 3 saying the sounds really shine triggered by the Nano and it worked perfect out of the box as a USB contoller without any setup hassle.

The negative side,- thunky noise of the keys.

A.C.

Joey D is getting Orca fat!

I don't know how he handles a heavy touring schedule carrying all that weight.

The organ sounds just okay to me. It's always hard to judge properly when in the hands of a master like Joey.

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

I really enjoyed the clips. There`s actually a 2nd part as well if you search for it on YT. Great playing by both guys. The interplay between them is great. I`ve actually had the slow gospel style clip in my head for days. I really love that feel.

The instruments themsleves sound ok but personally I enjoyed the music more then the products themselves.

Motif ES7

Korg Triton Pro76

Roland Fantom X8

CP -33

Custom B-3 Chop w/ 145 Leslie

Archived