Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

iPad DAW Control

zephonic

review with Logic here (could not embed?):

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2010/05/13/ipad-app-review-ac-7-pro-daw-control/

This is a review with Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack Pro:

[video:youtube]

http://saitarasoftware.com/Site/Home.html

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say in the future, not necessarily far... But, think about it: I'm not sure the iPod is the ideal environment to run Logic on. I mean, would you be willing to trade the desktop monitor you use now for one as small as the iPad, and give up your computer keyboard and mouse? For doing stuff on the go, and using as a remote in the studio, yeah, but there are pluses and minuses. For somethings I think I would prefer the large monitor and precision of a mouse in editing. It would be great to simply add an iPod to my computer setup, and have various parts of Logic's functionality available on the iPod in addition to the desktop monitor/mouse/keyboard.

I don't know about Logic. But Garage Band would be really cool!

And would fit with the consumer non-professional marketing of the device. Logic is big and CPU intensive. But doing loops, midi sequencing and simple plug-ins might be just right for this.

I volunteered to grade senior projects for my daughter's high school a couple of years ago. At least 4 of the projects I remember where songs or albums created in garage band. All of them were either guitarist or bassists!

Pros could lay down tracks with it then export them to Logic.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Installed AC-7 Pro on my iPad yesterday. Using it with Samplitude 10 on a Windows XP machine.

Very cool.

After trying it briefly, I have it controlling well, but not receiving feedback correctly FROM the computer. Need to mess with it more - but as is, it is useful to me. When I record piano upstairs from my studio, I use a Frontier Tranzport to hit Play/Record, etc. This will do that for me, making the hardware device expendable.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Archived