Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Uncovering the Moogtonium

tarkus

http://moogfoundation.org/2010/from-the-archives-moogtonium-discovered/

In January 2009, while combing through Bobs archives, searching for just the right items to bring to Winter NAMM for our small showcase previewing our upcoming exhibit, Waves of Inspiration: The Legacy of Moog, I came upon a light blue folder with several pockets loaded with documents letters, schematics and notes. The upper right hand corner of the cover of the folderwas simply marked Brand. Inside was a treasure trove of information, much of it coming from meticulously written and technically detailed letters written on translucent typing paper with the name Max Brand printed in the top margin, with dates beginning as early as March 1966. A slew of schematics in Bobs hand were interspersed among these letters, as well as notes describing specifications for what would become known at the Moogtonium, and in some circles, the Max Brand synthesizer.

Brand learned of Bob Moogs early work in creating synthesizer modules, and contacted him about building a version of this rare instrument. Bob, still in the early phases of developing the Moog modulars, agreed. The two men worked for two years to develop the instrument, with Bob building and Brand honing needed specifications and capabilities. The instrument was ultimately delivered in 1968.

See pics on link. cool stuff.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argggh! I got this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /2010/from-the-archives-moogtonium-discovered/ on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can you fix this? I'd love to see this stuff.

Thanks

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Archived