Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Emily By The Sea

desertbluesman

Just redid a tune I did in remembrance of Emily Remler one of my guitar teachers. this resulted from a lesson she gave me one day way back in the day. Look for Emily By The Sea (2010) on my Soundclick Page. Yeah I know the overdrive guitar may be a little out of place but I was always Hard Rock and she was soft jazz, So I tried to incorporate both styles together.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=143231&content=music

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I included Emily in one of my songs, "Midnight on Walnut Street" about the main street of our 'updown cool' district known for its jazz. She lived here and played with a band called the Burners, and the line is something like, "Emily's hot, she left the Burners on, its midnight on Walnut Street." She was quite a player, used an old cherry 335 when she was here.

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

She was quite a player, used an old cherry 335 when she was here.

yep she had an Old Gibson ES 335 when I knew her wayyy back when she was only 18 or so. I never saw her after a few summers at the beach. I used to sit in her hotel room on her bed jamming with her. Imagine that. She was cool.

Love jazzy rock, country and jazzy anything...keyboards sounded sweet and the drums cool and steady, I might suggest a little less volume on the guitar so it blends in...but good job...
Thanks and I agree on the guitar volume, and maybe de-noise the grit a little with the Waves denoiser. The white and pink noise settings do some wonders with recorded guitar tone.

That's cool, dbm. Very cool, having known and taken lessons from her.

I did not interact with her much, just about three weeks over three summers, but just imagine how intense it would be to sit in her hotel room or my fathers office jamming with her and learning what she did, all for five bucks a half hour.

Archived