Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

Well, with my team rather bitterly not in the picture, all I root for is good games, and today came up golden yummies all the way. The first game was a shocker. The second game (esp. the second half) was a flat out classic. Cheers and condolences as required, but that was a vintage day of playoff football...

...and Lynch's run was one of the greatest I've ever seen. Simply badass.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for the "favorites". Neither the Saints or the Colts are the same teams they were last season. Injuries to key players played a huge part in both games. Not that the Jets were without a key player off the field, but the Colts were missing what...5 or 6 players from last year?

But, they have to play who they have and that changes everything.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Great games, exciting down to the wire! That may have been the performance of Matt Hasselbeck's career. He looked more Brees-like than Brees himself. Seattle's defense looks very sharp, and Lynch's run was amazing. He reminded me of Vince Young in his college championship game.

I agree that the roughing the kicker penalty was the "bonehead play of the day," but in the end it didn't matter. Even with Joseph Addai back in the lineup, the Colts are a decimated team. They simply could not stop the Jets in the second half. Adam "Tuck Rule" Vinatieri's 50-yard ice-water-in-the-veins kick looked like the game winner, but they couldn't close it out. (Why did the run on second AND third down prior to the kick? Don't they have, like, Peyton Manning at quarterback?) Mark Sanches and the Jets aren't known for their two-minute offensive heroics. The Colts defense has to take the blame squarely on the chin.

Jets/Pats ought to be a great game. For the Pats. I can't wait for tomorrow's Philly/Green Bay game.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

The Seahawks/Saints game was as classic David and Goliath as it gets. You've got a team with a subpar record, which--on paper--has no business being in the playoffs, matched against the defending Super Bowl champions; and they came out on top. Not since the Wild Card Giants beat the 18-0 Patriots have we seen such an example of defying the odds.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Quite a day of football, eh lads? :D

Agreed, some great playoff football. Watching the Hawks pull away from the Saints, and the Colts comeback only to have the Jets come back on them, lots of fun to watch. I hope the Eagles game isn't so dramatic. I'll take a 34-21 win, my heart can't take the last minute drama with my team!

As far as injuries go- every team has key guys hurt at this point. I think I heard that the Saints were the only team who had their entire O-line intact for every game?

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I still want to know what Jim Caldwell was thinking when he called time out near the end of the game. Why did he give the Jets a chance to get a play together? They were looking at a 50 yard FG before the TO, then only a 32 yarder after the Jets were able to complete the pass to Edwards.

Peyton didn't look like he understood the move, either....

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I think it's pretty wild that a) both teams from last year's Super Bowl were playing in the first day of Wild Card playoffs, and 2) both lost. I'm guessing that may have happened before based on the fact that teams often don't make it back to the big game, but I'm not sure how to research that easily.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I still want to know what Jim Caldwell was thinking when he called time out near the end of the game.

I noted the same thing. Even my 11-yo son was like, "Why would the other team call a timeout?" and I didn't have an answer for him.

Right now, 8 Saints are wondering why they couldn't tackle Marshawn Lynch. What a highlight.

I watched it about 175 times last night.

GET OFF ME!!! :D

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGpwRSiUbic

Btw, I'm not rooting against the Packers, but I'd like to see an exciting finish. A GB win is actually better for the Seahawks, I think.

.....oh well, nice try, Eagles.

Congrats Geoff!!!

I thought Vick did a really good job today, and had a great season. Definitely showed that he's back to stay, and a Pro Bowl QB.

Missed field goals, dropped passes, the flagged 2 pt conversion that then didn't count. And a mediocre effort at best by the Eagles linemen on both sides.

Packers/Falcons and Seahawks/Bears... followed by a Seahawks/Packers rematch in the NFC championship game.

Archived