Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

Even after the "re-emphasis on illegal contact", the Pats beat Manning several times, throwing everything but the kitchen sink at him, including the now-legendary 1-5-5 alignment.

I know, I was just teasing you. That said, I don't think Rex was entirely wrong. No single player in the NFL takes more responsibility for a unit than Peyton for the Colts offense. They say that to watch a Colts practice is to know who the chief is. Publicity-wise, it has been a two edged sword for him, for sure

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did you end up a Seahawks fan, b? Or are you just pulling our collective legs?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I took an instant liking to the Seahawks from the moment they were an expansion team. Jim Zorn, Patera, their crazy play calling... they were just fun to watch. We moved to Seattle in 1980. I was only there 3 years, but I've always been a fan. I grew up a Rams fan... Roman Gabriel, Merlin Olson, etc. ...finally in the SB in 79. But when they left town, they weren't the "L.A." Rams anymore so that was that. I got to see a few Seahawk games when the raiders were in L.A.

Anyway, I have always been rooting for the Seahawks.

Regardless of the outcome of this game, the Seahawks just erased any argument for leaving a division champ out.

True, although their performance might be an argument for giving homefield advantage to the team with the better record.

Regardless, impressive half by the Seahawks, who--for future reference--are leading the Saints at halftime 24-20.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I know a lot of people have been complaining that a 7-9 team gets home field over a team with a better record. However, as much as I like to disagree with Steady B, I agree with him this time.

The division alignment insures that at least one team from each geographical area of the country will get to the playoffs.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

The division alignment insures that at least one team from each geographical area of the country will get to the playoffs.

...And if the team with the better record always gets homefield advantage, then there may be years in which there's no live NFL football in some regions of the country.

Okay, I get that argument. It puts what's fair for the fans above what's fair for the players, but maybe that's the way it should be. The bottom line is the fans pay the bills.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Wow. I thought the Saints would run away with this game. Nope. It was Matt Hassleback and Marshawn Lynch. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Eh. Never mind. 2:36, 1 timeout, and a FG to win? Colts have this in the bag.

Damn. That was not the outcome I was expecting.

Bring 'em on, Rex. We're happy to shove your foot down your throat a little deeper. Maybe you can put up a YT video of you choking on your kneecap. :evil:

Archived