Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I cannot believe what I just saw!! Greatest comeback in Eagles history maybe?

Andy Reid, I'm sorry I ever doubted you! Consider me back on board your ship!

I think Michael Vick put it best when he said, "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog... Also, when you're hooking up that car battery remember + is positive and - is negative"

Easily one of the worst 2 or 3 regular season losses in NYG history. That's all I got to say at this point.

What were the other two?

I'm guessing the Miracle In The Meadowlands may have been one of them. :idea:

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzUHvg6QbaU

:)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I cannot believe what I just saw!! Greatest comeback in Eagles history maybe?

Andy Reid, I'm sorry I ever doubted you! Consider me back on board your ship!

I think Michael Vick put it best when he said, "it's not the size of the dog in the fight

Jesus man.. this is football, not dogfighting! What would a football player know about dogfighting?? :rimshot::confused::D:snax:

TROLL . . . ish.

Easily one of the worst 2 or 3 regular season losses in NYG history. That's all I got to say at this point.

What were the other two?

I'm guessing the Miracle In The Meadowlands may have been one of them. :idea:

Herm Edwards :thu:

Matt Flynn played MUCH better than I expected, but he still needs two minute drill experience.

Green Bay 27, New England 31

Not bad for a second string led offense.

Best,

Geoff

Yeah, if he had had the experience, that probably would have been a Packers win.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Flynn has a bright future ahead of him if he can learn to deal with the blitz. What blows my mind is that BB didn't go for the throat and start blitzing him all night, because the kid got happy feet pretty quick after the first couple blitzes.

Meanwhile, I thought for sure GB was going to win after the INT got wiped out by that hands-to-the-face flag. The Pats D isn't great yet, but they seem to make plays when the chips are down, which has always been the hallmark of a BB defense.

Ironically, it was a lack of defensive play making that cost them the SB in '08 - Asante Samuel, on the play before the big 4th down catch, let a ball slip right through his grasp in the end zone, which would have sealed it.

I barely had the spirit to watch the night game, but I did. I should have bee rooting for NE 'cause GB and Tb are the NYG's main opponents for the 6 seed, and everything broked right for THAT avenue in today, with GB and TB (and NO for that matter) all losing. Small consolation, but a win over GB next week, at Lambeau, should get the NYG into the playoffs.

Man that Philly win was a perfect storm of bad. Right up there with the Cunningham playoff game, the Garcia playoff game. Tough one.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Small consolation, but a win over GB next week, at Lambeau, should get the NYG into the playoffs.

And conversely, if Green Bay can win out, they should grab that Wild Card spot.

Next week is big for both of our teams. It looks like Rodgers will be back for that one. If so, it should be a close contest. I just hope the Giants quarterback injuring defense won't give him a third concussion.

My condolences on your team's tough loss today, John. I feel as bad for you and antimatter as I feel happy for dB and meccajay.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

In all honesty, I think tonight was the combination of three big factors:

1) The Pats only dressed 5 DL's tonight, thanks to injuries. That was big in the second half, particularly in the 3rd, when they couldn't get off the field for all that GB running.

2) Belichick had no scouting data on Flynn, and the Pats were practicing expecting Rogers to play, which meant they were rehearsing (and they ran) a number of plays that called for LB spies to hang out at the LOS waiting for the QB to be flushed and take off.

3) GB was embarrassed, angry, and humiliated after losing to the Lions, and the press on this game was even more infuriating, so they were playing (I believe) over their heads a bit tonight on both sides of the ball.

- Congrats, BTW, go to Brady, who broke Kosar's record for consecutive passes thrown without an INT (despite a couple near misses)....

OK, I'll probably take a flogging here, but I did training at our factory in MN last week (which sucked by the way, negative temps and right after the blizzard that collapsed the dome), and due to participation and other factors, I was the sole winner of a $100 NFL shop gift card. The joke was that whoever won it should buy a Randy Moss jersey because sooner or later he'd be with their team (there were guys from across the country there).

OK, so here's where it kind of goes OT. I have a RAMS jersey, I'm not a rabid fan or anything. I'd kind of just rather have the money. Can you sell those things? Would I be better off trying to sell the gift card or buy something and sell it?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

In all honesty, I think tonight was the combination of three big factors:

1) The Pats only dressed 5 DL's tonight, thanks to injuries. That was big in the second half, particularly in the 3rd, when they couldn't get off the field for all that GB running.

2) Belichick had no scouting data on Flynn, and the Pats were practicing expecting Rogers to play, which meant they were rehearsing (and they ran) a number of plays that called for LB spies to hang out at the LOS waiting for the QB to be flushed and take off.

3) GB was embarrassed, angry, and humiliated after losing to the Lions, and the press on this game was even more infuriating, so they were playing (I believe) over their heads a bit tonight on both sides of the ball.

- Congrats, BTW, go to Brady, who broke Kosar's record for consecutive passes thrown without an INT (despite a couple near misses)....

That's funny, I also thought tonight was a combination of three big factors:

1) The Packers' defensive line has been decimated by injuries. That was big in the second half, when Brady ran a no huddle offense.

2) The Packers' offensive backfield has been decimated by injuries. No Aaron Rodgers; no Ryan Grant. Both players expected to play the Patriots before they were injured.

3) New England was embarrassed, angry, and humiliated after losing to the Browns 34-14 back in November, so they've been playing (I believe) over their heads a bit since then on both sides of the ball.

Sorry, I couldn't resist! ;)

(And yes, congrats to Brady. :cool: )

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Small consolation, but a win over GB next week, at Lambeau, should get the NYG into the playoffs.

And conversely, if Green Bay can win out, they should grab that Wild Card spot.

True, I guess. Difference it is a truly a must-win for GB, and only a nearly must-win for NYG.

Still struggling here with the events of 12/18, but we'll see how this team pulls itself up and goes into Lambeau. I think the Giants still have some game in them...in fact I think the Giants are more or less as good as any team in the league...and here's a word for all of yous...watch out for Vick. True, it took a gift of a fumble (Manningham!) and onside kick and various other holiday season gifts and miracles, but Vick decided to win with his legs yesterday. What's to EVER stop him from doing that?

PS, I am trying to figure out why the "x" next to NE in the standings has not turned to a "z" and the only thing I can come up with is that the JETS still have a mathematical shot at the 1 seed.

If NE loses both their next games and the Jets win theirs, then the Jets get the tiebreak from division record (NE plays Buf and Mia to close the season)

So yeah, theoretically, the Jets could still win the division.

Many teams barely alive in the AFC but few important head-to-head matchups left.

Indy gets Tennessee (week 17) and Oakland (16).

Kansas City also gets Tennessee (16) and Oakland (17).

I guess the Rube Goldberg scenario is Tennessee (6-8) and Oakland (7-7) winning out which would likely only serve to advance Jacksonville and Kansas City leaving San Siego the 7th team out and elimianting Indy and KC.

That's about it for excitement in weeks 16 and 17 in the AFC. The rest is stat stuffing, resting starters, and the Scrooges giving the Tiny Tim Tebows a chance to earn their Christmas dinners.

And how about Detroit in ultimate spoiler mode? We may look back and say they knocked two teams out of the playoffs, GB and TB. I certainly hope we look back and say that...

Kinda vindicates Shwartz' year there. That easily could/should have been a .500 team, even with a third string QB in for most of the season. These last two weeks may be exactly what they need to jump them into next year with (everyone hopes) a healthy Stafford and some inner knowledge that they can win close games.

The game that surprised me the most was Baltimore over New Orleans. The Saints seemed to be getting back their mojo in recent games and I felt they were the odds-on favorite to win the NFC Conference Title. Now, it looks like Philly has the best shot.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Archived