Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

Speaking of humane killings ....

The kiss of death (Randy Moss) descended on 5-3 Tennesee. TN is 0-4 since Randy joined the club and in the process of losing to Indy and being elminated from playoff contention and one game away from locking in a losing record.

Jeff Fisher is sub .500 for the last 6 season with a wild card loss and a 2nd round loss to his credit.

Can Randy take down another coach this season? I;m not sure. The TN fans seem OK with blaming it on Randy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of humane killings ....

The kiss of death (Randy Moss) descended on 5-3 Tennesee. TN is 0-4 since Randy joined the club and in the process of losing to Indy and being elminated from playoff contention and one game away from locking in a losing record.

Jeff Fisher is sub .500 for the last 6 season with a wild card loss and a 2nd round loss to his credit.

Can Randy take down another coach this season? I;m not sure. The TN fans seem OK with blaming it on Randy.

It ain't Randy's fault that VY is out for the season and Kerry Collins sucks.

Is it safe to say that NE might have just gotten their swagger back?

The Patriots had their swagger back when they humiliated the Steelers a few weeks ago.

Yeah, but Tom & Co. still wound up having to outscore them to death in order to hold on to the win, because the D fell apart in the 4th.

This time, they didn't let up on either side of the ball.

Not much chance against the hapless Tennessee D....

...and Titan's gutless decision to punt on 4th&1. What was Jeff Fisher thinking? "We can't gain a yard, but we can hold the Colts, get the ball back and quickly score."

"I never knew that music like that was possible." - Mozart ( Amadeus movie)

The Titans entered Rube Goldberg twilight world.

Tennessee can't win the wild card but could win the division if Indy beats Jackonsville next week and then Jacksonville and Indy lose their last two games and the Titans go 3-0 down the stretch. The Titans would then have the edge over Indy in common games (the 3rd tie breaker).

by Griffinator:

Yeah, but Tom & Co. still wound up having to outscore them to death in order to hold on to the win, because the D fell apart in the 4th.

I thought it was because NE went to the Prevent after they had a big lead and you know what they say about the Prevent.....that Defense prevents you from winning......... :bor:

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

So I guess if you yelled "freeze" right now, most people would predict a repeat of the NE/Phi Super Bowl. No offense to the well-balanced Falcons, but the Phi offense is probably the single strongest unit in the conference right now. And the AFC is suddenly, inexplicably swamped with unimpressive teams. Imagine the thought of the Pats starting their playoff journey without the Colts or Chargers even in the picture. Strange.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

New England's Offense ain't too shabby either.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

As long as they were winning, it mighta been nice if they'd COVERED THE DAMN SPREAD! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Congrats, Saku. :D

What I was thinking. Goddamned Fisher, drive for a touchdown after the game's over (duh, you need 2 scores, kick a FG and get it out of the way!)

As long as they were winning, it mighta been nice if they'd COVERED THE DAMN SPREAD! :mad: :mad: :mad:

What I was thinking. Goddamned Fisher, drive for a touchdown after the game's over (duh, you need 2 scores, kick a FG and get it out of the way!)

Yeah, my family couldn't understand why I wasn't happy with that win....
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

hee hee...wish I could take credit for the choice, but the cats voted that way 2-1. :blush:

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

It ain't 2007, but they are leading the league in scoring... :D

But THIS Pats offense would not be nearly as susceptible to, say, the NYG rush as was that team's. They just seem to flood the field with short routes and trust Brady's unerringly trustworthy decision-making. I mean, I know it is more complicated and choreographed than that, but Brady just does seem to have all the answers right now, like Manning did last year.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

That's true, Mags. That season, the line was expected to hold back blitzes a LOT longer than this year, to let deep routes develop, and were thus much more susceptible to the "jailbreak" than this year's squad, as evidenced by both the Steelers' and the Jets' failure to disrupt the offense to any significant degree with such blitz packages.

by Griffinator:

That's true, Mags. That season, the line was expected to hold back blitzes a LOT longer than this year, to let deep routes develop, and were thus much more susceptible to the "jailbreak" than this year's squad, as evidenced by both the Steelers' and the Jets' failure to disrupt the offense to any significant degree with such blitz packages.

Not to mention this is a lot younger team than the 2007 edition. There is a mix of some veterans on this team to work with the younger guys, but having young players with fresh legs can work. BB knows what he's doing. The Pats have two "no name" Tight Ends that are playing smart and the receivers aren't missing Moss. Branch is playing better with TB throwing him the ball than all the years he was on the left coast. This Patriots team is only going to get better.........I told ya so!

So, what team stinks worse, the Steelers or the Jets? Ha, drop back 10 and punt. :sick:

Cheers,

Mike T.

Slowly the Giants injured players are returning. Soon the Offensive line will be back to full strength, the receiving corps too. Meanwhile the media can stay on Rex and the Jets thank you.

Lots of pieces, lots of really good talent. Oh, if they can just put it all together and stop the turnovers...

Gotta beat the Vikings. Forget about the Eagles next week.

Slowly the Giants injured players are returning. Soon the Offensive line will be back to full strength, the receiving corps too. Meanwhile the media can stay on Rex and the Jets thank you.

Lots of pieces, lots of really good talent. Oh, if they can just put it all together and stop the turnovers...

Gotta beat the Vikings. Forget about the Eagles next week.

The Giants will be just good enough to beat up on whoever winds up in the NFC conference title game, softening them up to make the SB a cakewalk for the Pats. ;)

The Giants will be just good enough to beat up on whoever winds up in the NFC conference title game, softening them up to make the SB a cakewalk for the Pats. ;)

The Pats? No, I'm sorry. See, what will happen is that the Raiders will win out the rest of the season, ending with a 10-6 record and leading the AFC West. They'll surprise the Ravens in the wild card round, beat the Steelers in a brutal divisional game, and then, in a move that finally removes the Curse of the Tuck Rule, shock the world by beating the Pats. Finally, in a repeat of the 1981 matchup, they will defeat the Eagles in Super Bowl XLV, 27-10.

Not that I've given this much thought or anything. :idea:

See, what will happen is that the Raiders will win out the rest of the season, ending with a 10-6 record and leading the AFC West. They'll surprise the Ravens in the wild card round, beat the Steelers in a brutal divisional game, and then, in a move that finally removes the Curse of the Tuck Rule, shock the world by beating the Pats. Finally, in a repeat of the 1981 matchup, they will defeat the Eagles in Super Bowl XLV, 27-10.

No way.

It'd be a much closer SB. I'm thinking Raiders win 21-17. :D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I already brought up the possibility to my friend in Minnesota that Brett actually climbed up to the roof of the Metrodome and slashed it open by hand for this reason. I have no proof, but I think it's as good a theory as any. :D

Archived