Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2010-2011 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of you who thought Thigpen would lead the Fins to victory last night, my condolences. ;)

Well, it wasn't so much that as I thought that the Dolphins defense could really keep the Bears from doing much of anything.

Who can say in this damn league? As my pick 'em performance is showing, not me!

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Me neither, apparently.

Meanwhile, here's Bill Simmons on this weekend's Raiders/Steelers game:

How great is it that this game means something? I might watch this game, play some Atari, then cap it off with re-runs of "The Love Boat," "Charlie's Angels" and "Fantasy Island."

:D

by Joe Muscara:

As if that was a criterion at all for telling whether a guy wasn't a jerk.

I don't know that Brady is or isn't a jerk. However, I doubt that Gisele would marry a total but hole, she could have had any man on the planet she wanted. If we compare Brady to guys like Deon (the mouth) Sanders or TO, then Tom Brady is a choir boy. :/

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

C'mon Mike! You haven't seen a gorgeous woman with some guy, and think, "what is she doing with him?" Or even worse, a guy that's not treating her right yet she stays?

Anyway, I don't know if this is the case with these two.

Meanwhile, here's Bill Simmons on this weekend's Raiders/Steelers game:

How great is it that this game means something? I might watch this game, play some Atari, then cap it off with re-runs of "The Love Boat," "Charlie's Angels" and "Fantasy Island."

:D

LOL - awesome!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

But much like musicians, if we judged professional athletes on the basis of their ethics and personalities (as opposed to just talent), we'd have a short list of players to watch.

Love the art, hate the artist.

Athletes are the new target for Reality TV. VH1's found men dumber than musicians and women even dumber than groupies.

Musicians can't afford the alimony that athletes pay--unless they are Paul McCartney.

"Athlete pays off VIP Hostess to protect endorsement deals" is the new gold digging scam. Whoever heard of a musician paying off a topless dancer to keep quiet?

Whoever heard of a musician paying off a topless dancer to keep quiet?

Well, musicians often get social status upgrades from trysts with strippers, as opposed to those wholesome, Mom-loving, apple-pie-eating athletes.

In the off-chance that the Raiders don't remain in first place for the remainder of the season -- their upcoming schedule is Pittsburgh, Miami, San Diego, Jacksonville, Denver, Indianapolis, and KC -- I thought I'd preserve this moment for posterity...

http://slcoyote.com/images/raiders_afcwest.png

It occurs to me, Jeff, that I need to be rooting much harder against Oakland now.

You're not the first Pats fan to recognize this. Many Boston-area people are grumbling about the Raiders choosing this particular year to not suck. :laugh:

It occurs to me, Jeff, that I need to be rooting much harder against Oakland now.

You're not the first Pats fan to recognize this. Many Boston-area people are grumbling about the Raiders choosing this particular year to not suck. :laugh:

If they go 1-15 next year, I'm going to be highly pissed.

by Joe Muscara:

I don't know that Brady is or isn't a jerk. However, I doubt that Gisele would marry a total but hole, she could have had any man on the planet she wanted. If we compare Brady to guys like Deon (the mouth) Sanders or TO, then Tom Brady is a choir boy. :/

Cheers,

Mike T.

I don't see any supermodels lining up to date Haynesworthless. :)

Favre imploding at GB.

At the end of the day it will read "If the Vikes win the remainder of their games (6-0) and both GB and Chicago go 1-5 or worse down the stretch then the Vikings will win the division".

Randy Moss: 0 receptions and 1 target in the first half w/ Tennesee.

Why do you think he's a jerk? Example? If he was a big but hole I don't know if he would have the woman he ended up with, would he?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Look, I don't know if Brady is a jerk, but he seems like a jerk. I admit I could be wrong. Maybe he's just arrogant when he's on the field and okay the rest of time, which would be understandable in order to be competitive.

Tom Brady is a very good athlete and probably in the top 3 QBs in the NFL. I struggle with him as a person (though I've never met him) as his image is that of an self-consumed prima donna. Even when they show him on the sidelines, he is always running his hands through his hair and brooding in some melancholy "I know millions of hot girls are drooling over my locks and beard right now." I just can't take him seriously and fall into Joe's camp of him seeming like a jerk. I have the same opinion of Tony Romo.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have guys like Eli and Peyton Manning, both of whom are humble, even self-effacing guys who are also very good athletes. But they don't take themselves so seriously and thus are more genuine people. Just my observations as a fairly newbie football fan.

Why do you think he's a jerk? Example? If he was a big but hole I don't know if he would have the woman he ended up with, would he?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Look, I don't know if Brady is a jerk, but he seems like a jerk. I admit I could be wrong. Maybe he's just arrogant when he's on the field and okay the rest of time, which would be understandable in order to be competitive.

Tom Brady is a very good athlete and probably in the top 3 QBs in the NFL. I struggle with him as a person (though I've never met him) as his image is that of an self-consumed prima donna. Even when they show him on the sidelines, he is always running his hands through his hair and brooding in some melancholy....

Just an FYI - Tom Brady is a competitor first, before anything else, and when he's brooding on the sidelines, it's because he had a play that he could have made but didn't.

The replay in Pitt where he was barking at the rest of the offense because they were playing sloppy and he knew they couldn't afford to do that to beat the Steelers...

For all the "nice and humble and self-effacing" you heap on Manning, we are talking about the guy that basically took over that offense (their OC is pretty much a figurehead) and, just now, was throwing shit around on the sideline after NE picked him off the 2nd time.

These guys that are at the top of the heap? They're all competitors, fiercely so, and they are never happy when they make mistakes.

For all the "nice and humble and self-effacing" you heap on Manning, we are talking about the guy that basically took over that offense (their OC is pretty much a figurehead) and, just now, was throwing shit around on the sideline after NE picked him off the 2nd time.

These guys that are at the top of the heap? They're all competitors, fiercely so, and they are never happy when they make mistakes.

I agree for the most part, but I can't shake my feeling about certain personalities. If we had a KB Corner hang and invited Brady, Romo and both Mannings, who do you believe would be the most fun at the hang?

I don't know if anyone on this Forum watched any part of the Steelers game, or even had it on in their area, but after the Steelers had clinched the game against Oakland, Rottenburg went over to Richard Seymore and apparently started talking some smack. Seymour leveled him. I was in a "Steelers" Sports Bar and its the first time I heard a crowd of Steelers fans cheer when a Steeler was hit by an opposing player between plays. Ben went down like a sack of potatoes. He's may be big but he can't stand up to the likes of Richard Seymore. Ben picked the wrong guy to talk smack too. Seymore was ejected.

Ben should shut up and play. Apparently he hasn't learned all that much. He's just putting on an act so he keeps his job and collects the money.

We've been talking about but holes for awhile here. Rottenburger is a dead wringer for a BIG BUT HOLE. Congrats to Seymour for giving Rottenberg a shot. The only problem I had with it is he hit him with an open hand instead of a fist.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Brady hate got worse after the Patsy Cam scandals.

There's web sites devoted to Patsy Hate and Bill BeliCheat.

http://www.thenewenglandcheaters.com/cgi-bin/store/cpshop.cgi/

And then there's t-shirts "Cheat on Bridget, not Football" aimed at Brady.

I had forgotten about this. Now I remember why (other than unknown dislike for Brady brooding) that I have a Kanker-like disdain for this team. They are cheaters! LOL. :wave: That totally explains how they picked off Peyton. Hoodie guy saw him run that play during practice via a secret camera. HAHAHAHAHAH.

I don't know if anyone on this Forum watched any part of the Steelers game, or even had it on in their area, but after the Steelers had clinched the game against Oakland, Rottenburg went over to Richard Seymore and apparently started talking some smack. Seymour leveled him. I was in a "Steelers" Sports Bar and its the first time I heard a crowd of Steelers fans cheer when a Steeler was hit by an opposing player between plays. Ben went down like a sack of potatoes. He's may be big but he can't stand up to the likes of Richard Seymore. Ben picked the wrong guy to talk smack too. Seymore was ejected.

Ben should shut up and play. Apparently he hasn't learned all that much. He's just putting on an act so he keeps his job and collects the money.

We've been talking about but holes for awhile here, Rottenburger is a dead wringer for a BIG BUT HOLE. Congrats to Seymour for giving Rottenberg a shot. The only problem I had with it is he hit him with an open hand instead of a fist.

Mike T.

MikeT, that's another guy that falls into my basket of QBs I'd probably choose not to hang with. Brady, Romo and Big Ben. I also have a strong hatred towards Michael Vick's dog fighting history, though I have less intel on his current stylings. That guy is plain impressive as a QB and one to watch. If he can somehow shake is history of cruelty to animals, he could be a star.

What gets me is the bias in the Pittsburgh press. I watched that shot that Seymore gave Rottenburger. One Pittsburgh sports writer called it a "sucker punch" and said that Ben went down but bounced right back up. WRONG. Seymore gave him a straight shot and when Ben went down, he DID NOT get right back up. He's a sack of crap.

So Eric, whats worse. Cruelty to animals or raping women? Neither one of those guys are prince charming.

Edit: Here's a link to the Shot that Seymore gave Ben:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c4802d/Seymour-gets-ejected-after-Steelers-TD?module=HP_video

There's a Mickey D's commercial at the beginning of the video.

Mike T.

I've never met Brady personally, so don't take my word on it, but a friend of a friend works for the Pats as an assistant to the equipment manager, and according to him, Brady is the nicest guy on the team. Not the most reliable of sources, for sure, but take that for whatever it's worth. As I said before, I couldn't care less whether he's a jerk or not as long as he wins games.

Much like a Yankees fan, I kinda enjoy all the Pats hate. It somehow makes for a much sweeter feeling every time they WIN. :wave:

I've never met Brady personally, so don't take my word on it, but a friend of a friend works for the Pats as an assistant to the equipment manager, and according to him, Brady is the nicest guy on the team. Not the most reliable of sources, for sure, but take that for whatever it's worth. As I said before, I couldn't care less whether he's a jerk or not as long as he wins games.

Much like a Yankees fan, I kinda enjoy all the Pats hate. It somehow makes for a much sweeter feeling every time they WIN. :wave:

I am glad to hear that. I will give him a second chance. Maybe I'll get to meet him one day. I still think his coach is of questionable moral fiber.

Archived