Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any AUSSIES play today on this hot AUSTRALIA DAY ?

AUSSIEKEYS

Cheers Aussies...just got back from a gruelling hot Australia Day solo gig not with my band but an unpaid for the fun of it party,...I think 42 degrees C, outside at least, I played an outdoor Party, fortunately with a steel roof over me, from about 1 pm to 8 pm with some reasonable breaks in between,

Very hot and steamy, and I was constantly moving keyboard out of direct sunlight.

but a great gig, very apprecicative guests who made it worthwhile...this contrasts to most parties I have played where they dont react all gig, but as they are leaving they pat my back and say what a great singer and what an excellent gig they had and are all so appreciative...why dont they react earlier and they would probably get an even better gig..but this one was different they were attentive all day and appreciative,,.

it made me give my all, all day much to my physical discomfort in the extreme heat.

Of coarse they want me back next year and I played for them last year, but i am back into band gigs and if my professional work takes off again , i guess my free parties will be a thing of the past...but I like doing them because I use them to try out untried songs and use the audience as guinea pigs...

fun hot day

how was yours..?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right now is freezing here in Athens and we're surrounded by snow, but i have played in many open concerts in a (very) hot day and your post brought back some nice memories! Looking forward for the next summer here (and a way to be able to see the Nord Stage drawbars under the blinding sun! :))
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

hi yannis how you going...I think you were over here [aussie] playing around this time last year werent you,mate you know I have never seen snow...funny...yes i have seen some slushy stuff in the Blue Mountains that was the beginning of snow but thats it..

Mogut..yea hee hee you are right..the tennis or the cricket....never can understand it , sitting in the middle of the heat of a desert watching some dudes hit a ball around...as they say "mad dogs and Englishmen [our forefathers] go out in the midday sun"

sure..thanks

ok address lets see... c/o Kirribilli house....no wait they are sure to put a tax on it..

lets see...somewhere I wont get charged for water...umm,umm..I'm done ,

ya' better keep it.

hey just thought of a great Idea, :idea:

why dont you put it in a bottle and sell it, I'll bet one day people will pay for bottled water... :whistle:

hi yannis how you going...I think you were over here [aussie] playing around this time last year werent you,mate you know I have never seen snow...funny...yes i have seen some slushy stuff in the Blue Mountains that was the beginning of snow but thats it..

Hi Aussiekeys

I'm around... here :laugh:, in Europe, but i came in your beautiful country last year fro two weeks - Sidney, Melbourne and Bermagui. Very nice memories, very nice people and a super place to make your home. I would try to do so if i were in my 20's...

mate i remember you said you were coming here to perform last year, you say Bermagui, that's an interesting out of the way place..

I was there only a few days ago on my windsurfing holiday along the coast coming back from melbourne...I like Bermagui its rather nice and has been featured in a few Aussie movies,infact I was trying to find a place to windsurf there and the ocean lake was just to shallow for the fin this board uses, so I went north to Wallaga lake and stayed the night but the wind died...eventually sailing at Batemans Bay..all lovely South Coast locations, generally quieter than the north coast.

...yes Bermagui is very nice...did you perform there? curious as to what , maybe a festival or something? I know there are a few festivals down the South coast, I've been an MC for the [closeby] Narooma Blues and Rockabilly festival, so these sleepy little towns sometimes host big big festivals. other than that I can think of the pub only as a venue, not that I am conversant in the local venues enough? or perhaps you were lucky to just holiday there?

yes Bermagui is nice but the ocean was cold man! (at least for a mediterranean guy like me) so i did not get inside. We performed in an open air festival in the woods for two days - we also had a very good native australian didjeridu player. Unfortunately i don't remember the name of the festival but there was Taiko Drummers (TAIKOZ if i'm not mistaken) some classical music combined with traditional elements from Australia, an indian female singer and other interesting groups, more in to the world music aspect. The thing that stroke me more is that despite the small amount of people, Bermagui citizens were much into music and culture, not just like your average small place. I remember a Pub we ate and drunk and it was nice, but i don't remember the name...

wow yannis that sounds an interesting festival, south coast seems steeped in festival history and activity...

regards the water..and climate ..south coast always cold water and often colder windier climate..

next time mate to compare, visit the north coast from Sydney up...you will find warm waters and a more consistant weather...both are great in their own way..South always less people, more older style holiday towns in that they have tended to keep their older character as opposed to many Nth Coast towns which have modernised quicker., both exciting touring spots, I love a road trip along either coast.

hi yannis

mate see ya' over here, make mine the best aussie beer in Australia...A Saxby Ginger Beer from the North Coast Town of Taree...the only modern ginger beer I have found that tastes like the ginger beer we made as a kid...cheers Aussiekeys.

Archived