Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Avatar

Dave Bryce

can you take a 5 yr old to this movie?

I'd say probably not because of it's length. With the trailers included you're sitting for close to three hours. If your 5 year old is like mine at that age the kid will be squirming in half that time.

There's nothing overly scary or sexy or sweary that he or she probably hasn't been exposed to before.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw it in iMAX 3d this past Saturday. All I can say is "WOW" Jame Cameron moved the movie experience up to a whole new level of sh*t

SK2 /w Mini Vent / XK3 Pro System /w 142 Leslie, Roland D70, Korg SP250 B3 1959 (retired) , Porta B (retired), XB2 (retired)

I'd say probably not because of it's length. With the trailers included you're sitting for close to three hours. If your 5 year old is like mine at that age the kid will be squirming in half that time.

There's nothing overly scary or sexy or sweary that he or she probably hasn't been exposed to before.

I took my Grandson who just turned 7. We saw it in imax 3d and there were no trailers. Lights dim - movie. Maybe because there weren't any trailers in imax 3d. I dunno. Anyway, it's a long movie so make sure you take him pee before the thing starts and get an extra bag of m&m's to give him when he starts getting restless. You guy's will dig it.

I'm definitely not one of those lily-livered PC types, but in my opinion, it's a little violent for a five year old. I mean, there's people getting speared in the chest, savage animals attacking and flinging people, that kind of thing. YMMV.

I went and saw it in IMAX 3d today. Cameron has the ability, beyond that of George Lucas, to produce a movie that is as big a spectacle as it is a horrible movie. The visual side of things were amazing. The movie was awful. The dialog and story were *almost* as bad as Titanic, which was by far the worst A movie I've seen. Glad I saw it, won't bother ever watching it again.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

You mean the dialogue is worse than

"Governor Tarkin, I should have expected to find you holding Vader's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board."

and

"Anakin you're breaking my heart!"

:D

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I went and saw it in IMAX 3d today. Cameron has the ability, beyond that of George Lucas, to produce a movie that is as big a spectacle as it is a horrible movie. The visual side of things were amazing. The movie was awful. The dialog and story were *almost* as bad as Titanic, which was by far the worst A movie I've seen. Glad I saw it, won't bother ever watching it again.

You nailed it, Kevin. Chris Rock said it best: Pocahontas meets The Last Samurai meets Apocalypto.

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Archived