Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The club I would have played tonight

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least your gear wasn't in there. I remember back in the early 70's this band was playing a club in my home town and the club caught fire. This band had all matching red Kustom cabinets. I went in the club the next day and all their gear looked like a bunch of burnt hot dogs on stage.

Dude, you should play anyway. So...um...you get...rafts! Yeah, rafts! And, uh, you do an acoustic jam with a guitarist and some guy playing bongos! While floating! And drifting! It'll be FloatFest '03! And people will come out in canoes, pool mattress floats, inner tubes, whatever. And everyone will be rockin'! You'll be famous! Yeah! Why do [i]I[/i] have to come up with all the great ideas, huh? ;)

Does anyone remember my narrative about the gig I mixed, outdoors, at a Harley-Davidson dealer a few weeks back? Beautiful weather gave way to a Thunderstorm with severe straight line winds. We had to get the aluminum truss roof down or possibly get fried by lightning. 20 min. to load everything but the wooden staging into the truck. I left my CD in the system CD player. Went to pick it up the next day. The system owner's girlfriend/business partner brought it out and asked me to leave it home on future gigs. The CD I'd been playing, totally by coincidence, was, "Couldn't Stand The Weather", by SRV. :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Played a show on Friday, but not at Ego Alley. It was next door at Armadillos(the next club to the right - out of frame). Some amazing stories about how the club was open on Thursday [b]during[/b] the storm and how canoes were shuttling people to dry land. Friday was a very fun gig.

[quote]Originally posted by Linwood: [b] This band had all matching red Kustom cabinets. I went in the club the next day and all their gear looked like a bunch of burnt hot dogs on stage.[/b][/quote]Yes, but...how did they look AFTER the fire?
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Archived