Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

When BBKing's really got the blues he doesn't play guitar

d  halfnote

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that B on piano? I did not know he recorded playing piano.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Yep, Jazz, that's Mr. Riley K. himself at the keyboard, way back in the early1970s.

As for this:

http://B3and88.com/img/Amidol.jpg

I'm not sure of the connection.

That is, I hope I'm not sure... you can't be suggesting those pikers might evaluate BBK's performance, can you ?

At any rate why'nt go ahead & fill out the whole "3 monkeys" metaphor ?

d=halfnote

I probably can't. I'm not entirely sure myself. I haven't had much to do for the last few days but enjoy a high fever, a few other symptoms, and read much of the discussion here about the cheapening of art, artistic standards, art vs. craft, tools vs. know how, about where tax money earmarked for the arts actually goes, how folks like to spend their entertainment time and money. I was thinking about PD's expensive furniture vs. cheap furniture analogy while looking at a couple of the cheapest pieces of furniture my grandmother could have built in the 1930s. One is nothing more than a wooden box with a finish that wasn't all that pretty when it was new. I was thinking about how different it is from today's cheap furniture, smooth slabs of toxic waste mixed with sawdust and glue with a pleasant looking coating, pumped out of large factories.

In that context, it seemed funny to wonder what the sawdust and toxic waste in todays big time show biz would say about that performance.

I'm sure it won't seem funny when the fever goes down, nor will the explanation make any more sense than it doesn't now.

--wmp

Mr. Nightime - that's the song in this clip.

You Tube is blocked at work, so I couldn't go to the clip.

Ah, understood.

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

Mr. Nightime - that's the song in this clip.

You Tube is blocked at work, so I couldn't go to the clip.

Shameful that they keep you locked up there all the time !

:laugh:

Mayhaps you should write a blues song about that.

d=halfnote

wmp, apparently, there's wisdom in fever:)

Dementia is about as close as I get.

hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. Much better today.

Yeah mayne, good to know you're getting back on top of the weather. I'm sure you've got some work-in-progress that needs to be completed. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived