Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like "Strange Brew" better, eh? :D :thu:
**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Mmmmmmmm.....Yummy! [img]http://www.samadams.com/images/bottle.gif[/img] ------------------------------------------------ BEER ALERT-- Yesterday, a scientist for Health Canada suggested that, considering the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer, men should take a look at their beer consumption. The theory is that drinking beer makes men turn into women. To test the theory, 100 men were fed 6 pints of beer each within a one hour period. It was then observed that 100% of the men gained weight, talked excessively without making sense, became overly emotional, couldn't drive, failed to think rationally, argued over nothing, and refused to apologize when wrong. No further testing is planned!

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

USA beer is pansy water... everything ive tasted from the usa has been terrible. i hear you can even buy generically labelled "beer" at supermarkets? i like czech "Velvet" and guiness oh yes. australian beer is where im at though. erm... which is kinda handy LIVING in australia. but no our Cooper's is sensational natural beer. freaks some people out because it has "residue" and they think its "off", but thats how it has its amazing taste. and for your information, NOBODY drinks Fosters in australia. the general generic beers are VB (victorian bitter) and XXXX and Tooheys. XXXX is horrible chemical taste, tooheys NEW is great and OLD is fantastic dark ale. there are some outstanding "boutique" beers made locally where i live. i must say my pretentious attitude towards beer has come from not being a poor uni student with a dodgy homebrew kit anymore. heh heh, especially on tour! while i wouldnt demand ASAHI on our Rider, if the promoter was stupid enough to ask what we wanted (in most cases we were just given heinekin) we'd let them run for it :p

[quote]Originally posted by DSamp: [b]USA beer is pansy water... everything ive tasted from the usa has been terrible.[/b][/quote]You haven't tasted the right beers, then. It's like thinking that all Australian beer tastes like Foster's, which I'm sure is not the case. If all US beers tasted like Coors, I'd never drink domestic again. However, here's a fine American beer: [img]http://www.shiner.com/grc/coldone.jpg[/img] - Jeff

You guys obviously don't live in Colorado. I don't like beer, and I'm only eighteen, but this is the microbrew capital of the world. My dad even makes beer, granted he doesn't sell his. But I agree that Coors and Bud are good for putting out forest fires.
Shut up and play.

[quote]Originally posted by DSamp: [QB]USA beer is pansy water... everything ive tasted from the usa has been terrible. i hear you can even buy generically labelled "beer" at supermarkets? i like czech "Velvet" and guiness oh yes. australian beer is where im at though. erm... which is kinda handy LIVING in australia. but no our Cooper's is sensational natural beer. freaks some people out because it has "residue" and they think its "off", but thats how it has its amazing taste. and for your information, NOBODY drinks Fosters in australia. the general generic beers are VB (victorian bitter) and XXXX and Tooheys. XXXX is horrible chemical taste, tooheys NEW is great and OLD is fantastic dark ale. there are some outstanding "boutique" beers made locally where i live. i must say my pretentious attitude towards beer has come from not being a poor uni student with a dodgy homebrew kit anymore. /QB][/quote]I was down there a couple years ago. Toohey`s really was good, the rest just tasted like...lager. You guys need something with some body. I got one of the last bottles from a company that was going out of business-I think it was called Alehouse. The bottle shop owner was going to keep a six pack but let me buy a bottle.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived