Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

S90es Master Mode: Controller function problem

Tonysounds

I've got the Power Users Using Controllers guide, but it only shows you how to set it up in VOICE mode. I need to set it up in Master Mode so that I can use preferably one slider to take the volumes down of all zones (and if not do-able, then one slider per zone)without "editing", just grab the slider, and "silence". I'm FRIGGN stumped. Any help is appreciated!
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the master you are editing, go to Memory and make sure the zone switch is on.

Now hit edit, and then one of the zone buttons. The four zones should be showing in four columns. The rightmost soft button should be labeled CS for control slider. Toggle there and choose the midi cc that the slider sends for each zone. CC=7 should do the trick. Hope this helps.

In the master you are editing, go to Memory and make sure the zone switch is on.

Now hit edit, and then one of the zone buttons. The four zones should be showing in four columns. The rightmost soft button should be labeled CS for control slider. Toggle there and choose the midi cc that the slider sends for each zone. CC=7 should do the trick. Hope this helps.

I tried posting an earlier question there last week and got 0 replies. :snax:

I go back to this from time to time. Hope you find it useful ...

http://files.keyfax.com/download/S90ES_MasterMode.pdf

I was reading that doc along withe "Understanding Physical Controllers" doc, and they just didn't get me there.

Hopefully your previous tip will do the trick. THANK YOU!

I checked out my S90ES master mode today, what Tusker posted will work if you are looking to control internal and external zones with the faders.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Yeah, that opens up a whole range of editing options when it's set on zone!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Had no choice: it simply didn't work with it set to VOLUME.

While it fixed the problem, bottom line is, it's not replacing my A90 as a controller (guess I'm not selling that any time soon!).

The A90 is still the uber-controller.

Archived