Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Passive Listening to Music

raddtunes

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....So, any of you women out there reading this, don't think your man is like you -- if he's unhappy about something, don't think this ends the evening for you if YOU'RE in the mood. Trust me, he'll accept what you have to offer.

LOL. Reminds me of when I was standing in the check-out line at a grocery store, and I saw one of those womens magazines.....I think it was Cosmopolitan or a similar mag. Anyhow, I noted the title to one of the feature articles on the cover, something like, Ten Sure-fire Ways to Please Your Man in Bed. I thought to myself, Ya know, I can really simplify this:

One Sure-fire Way to Please Your Man in Bed

1. Show up.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

OK - WELL - WE'RE GONNA TRY IT!

Tuesday night is date night for us. I'm cooking dinner, then we're going to the gym, then - - we're going to - you know - listen to some music. Our cable company has dozens of music channels. Her choice, of course.

I've moved one of my flat screen TV's into the bedroom. It actually has a great sound - nice internal speakers, and a built in BBE (sonic maximizer?) thingie.

You know - the minute she asked me about this, I thought about you guys, and I knew this would be a hilarious thread.

Post self deleted. It was an ideaaa... but - there's nothing romantic in the Twilight Zone. :laugh:

Aw mayne, I was gonna have fun with the thought of the Passive Music Orchestra.

Figuring out the logistics i.e. band playing in the other room or at ground zero. :laugh:

Tuesday night is date night for us.

This must be the adult equivalent of the anticipation children have when they go to sleep on X-mas Eve. Going through the day knowing you're gonna...well, you know. ;)

Radd, if a cable music channel is going to set the mood, I would suggest the equivalent of Deep Tracks. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

[but, but, we haven't decided on the music yet!/quote]

Umm. .. music is her choice.

And this is to y'all from Mary:

Here are my thoughts Id like to share with the guys.

Although I understand all the comments about Peter being distracted, going flat and even the Jack Cage timeframe (Peter had to explain that to me), music can be part of the warm upsets the tone and rhythm. And guys dont forget the importance of the warm up. If the proper attention is given to this its easy to turn off the music later during the gig because it and you have done your jobwell, hopefully.

After re-reading this thread I think that sometimes...

as a group...

Keyboard players just don't get out enough. :/

:snax:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Believing in the law of reciprocity, warm up is music, hot oils/rocks, steaks and/or whatever it takes. :laugh:

Otherwise, it appears KC has successfully counseled a fellow forumite into a blissful evening complete with music.

Enjoy yourselves. No post-gig summary or analysis required. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

.....So, any of you women out there reading this, don't think your man is like you -- if he's unhappy about something, don't think this ends the evening for you if YOU'RE in the mood. Trust me, he'll accept what you have to offer.

LOL. Reminds me of when I was standing in the check-out line at a grocery store, and I saw one of those womens magazines.....I think it was Cosmopolitan or a similar mag. Anyhow, I noted the title to one of the feature articles on the cover, something like, Ten Sure-fire Ways to Please Your Man in Bed. I thought to myself, Ya know, I can really simplify this:

One Sure-fire Way to Please Your Man in Bed

1. Show up.

That's pretty much it.

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

How much does the gig pay?
+
And guys dont forget the importance of the warm up.
= the Marx Bros. routine:

"How much do you guys charge?"

"$100. But we have to rehearse."

"How much do you charge to rehearse?"

"That's another $100."

"How much do you charge NOT to rehearse??"

"You couldn't afford us."

Archived