Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BACK HERE AFTER 6 YRS, HI EVERYONE

Max Ventura

HI EVERYONE, it's Max from Italy, I left this forum and all things music about 6 years ago due to personal issues and I stayed out of music altogether too, only recently I timidly re-approached keyboards and I thought of checking back. Hi Dave Bryce, remember me, we met in Frankfurt at an Italian restaurant, at 2001 Messe? For those who been here long, I'm the one who organized the very first forum's open dinner at my brother's restaurant downtown NYC , and 'tho I wasn't phisically there, I called in on the phone. Craig Anderton attended, too.
Max Ventura, Italy.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's great, Geoff, Steve, Jeff, Marino... I saw the old June 2001 posts, i didn't remember it was that far back...

does Craig still surf round here? and DanSouth?

However, just to brief you guys on why I dropped: I had this thriving mail order music store in Italy that was the very first one here specializing in electronics and synth/groove/dj equipment; I did great from 1999 (when I left Pro Audio department in Manny's Music on 48Th St, NYC to move back home) 'till late 2004, when lots of big competitors came into the arena, ripping me off of my customer base and starting price wars to the guts, until I finally had to give in and fold, leaving 4 guys jobless and a huge debt. I got horribly nauseated of the whole business and that extended to music, too, and I also divorced. Then I slowly came out of it, rebuilt a different business (very different: I deal military apparel now!), relocated to the north because of another lady, became a dad, moved to the 'burbs, and now I'm relaxed enough to start fiddlin' again with keys and sequencers... but taking it real slow now. No major stuff around, since now I actually have to buy it in the stores!

Max Ventura, Italy.

Hi Dave Bryce, remember me, we met in Frankfurt at an Italian restaurant, at 2001 Messe?

But of course, brother Max - at Gallo Nero, with Bobro and Pim. Funny thing is I just saw a post by you in an old thread recently and wondered if you were well...

Glad to see you again - welcome back!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Oh, and since we're being nostalgic:

DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION

That's not the thread from the actual dinner. That's from the one we thought we were going to have before 9/11. Look at how the thread ends... :eek:

The actual dinner was a few months later. it ewas great - a ton of people attended. :thu::cool:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Archived