Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need Assistance connectioning a Rorke 4 Bay SCSI Drive to a Mac B&W G3 for DP 3.0

Hey Guys,

Trying to put the finishing touches on the studio, I've quit the day job so I can learn how all of my toys interface.

The Rorke 4 bay Drive is in a brown tower and has a part numer #PN 10001810-D. It is configured with 3 9 gig AV drives in the lower 3 bays. The upper bay is empty. Whe it is powered up the fan comes on, two red power indicators come on and stay lit,and the green lights for each of the 3 drives come on while the drive is winding up and then go out.

I have the four SCSI channesl set to 1-4 on the rear of the drive. The drive also only has 2 SCSI connectors on the rear panel. There are slots for 2 additional connectors.

My mac has an ATTO Express PCI UL3D card installed. It is a B&W running OS 9.0.2. When I power up the Mac I can see both channels of the SCSI card Via the system profiler. But I can see no hard drive attached.

I need all types of help getting this drive connected, configured, and properly terminated for Digital Perfomer.

Thanks

Dallas

http://TrilogySound.com

Reading, PA

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived