Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Virtual Piano Duos

SK

This is a crazy thought. Unintended dual pianos - might be fun to try. (Linwood started a writing version of a similar thing in the orig. comp thread.)

With the expressed consent of Mr. Dave Ferris, I'm putting up his trio version of Up Jumped Spring with me "sitting in", adding a second piano on the track. The intended, original version by Dave is here: http://www.divshare.com/download/4154612-898

The new, virtual duo version is here: http://stashbox.org/355214/Up%20Jumped%20Spring%28DF%26SK%29.mov

I did this simply because I could with my new home recording setup. Afraid I came close to ruining the original, but that's the risk of two pianos (little room to breathe), and Dave's a good sport.

If others want to try this, go for it. I'm up for trying something else sometime too.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEY! Just able to listen to this now. That's DELIGHTFUL!!!!! Wow, I feel like I've got tulips popping out my head. Awesome, wonderful, crazy.

Funny thing, when I first downloaded them, I didn't realize they'd both started playing - out of sync of course. I thought, holy **** SK, you really threw in the towel this time. :D

"........! Try to make It..REAL! compared to what? ! ! ! " - BOPBEEPER

SK, that was a very cool mash-up. :thu:

Considering the wealth of talent on display here at KC, I'm tempted to sponsor an IKCFH. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Thanks D, glad you enjoyed our playing.

For a moment, I thought IKCFH was International House of Keytars.

Generally speaking to anyone reading, I hope some other people will try the virtual duo thing, which is the reason I started the thread. Or, I could do another one with Linwood, or marino, or Piano4U, or anyone who's game for it - I'd just like to hear other people.

Archived