Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If you weren't a bass player you would be a....?

DavidMPires

Guys

as per the tittle if your life had a twist and you were no longer a bass player what instrument would you play?

I'd be playing the saxophone or the trumpet.

Go Coltrane.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trumpet player 'cause they have far less gear to move around.

Ross: I dunno about the harp. Certainly less gear, but after three tunes I'm done listening to a harp.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

I would be a bassist.

Bass player, bassist, baixista or any derivative are not allowed in my game :blah:

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

I would go back to being a guitar player. Or maybe a drums or keyboards. Then again to not play bass would probably mean I can't use my fingers/hands so I suppose I would have to play some kind of percussion or compose on computer.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

I would go back to being a guitar player. Or maybe a drums or keyboards.

Me too. I still play guitar but it has been years since I spent any amount of time at a piano or behind a drum kit.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

"tittle?"

I gots options, and in fact the way my life is going someday I may decide not to play bass anymore, if I continue to gravitate toward acoustic music and away from electric bands. But I already play guitar, mandolin and fiddle in addition to bass so I think I'd be all right.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/cft3/5.jpg

Back to a serious answer.

There wasn't a box to check for vocals.

I have sung in bands, played acoustic guitar (sensitive folk-singer), sax (playing rock and standards), and clarinet (in situations ranging from orchestra to klezmer).

If I didn't play bass, I would probably not be playing anything because I couldn't make a living playing any of those other things.

I play bass because it is my real instrument and I have been successful at playing it.

I gots options, and in fact the way my life is going someday I may decide not to play bass anymore, if I continue to gravitate toward acoustic music and away from electric bands. But I already play guitar, mandolin and fiddle in addition to bass so I think I'd be all right.
That's a sweet looking F-style, Chad! :cool:

That's a sweet looking F-style, Chad! :cool:
Thanks, Eric! Built for me by Robert Genest of Nashua, NH. Anybody that might be interested, PM me for Bob's contact info. He builds beautiful instruments and charges very reasonable prices.

Trumpet player 'cause they have far less gear to move around.

Ross: I dunno about the harp. Certainly less gear, but after three tunes I'm done listening to a harp.

Me too... Then I could drink beer and wait to be paid.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Keys or drums, in fact i wanted to be a drummer before i played bass. But i lived in an apartment and shared a room with my brother so it just wasn't an option. And now i live in the smallest apartment in Portland so drums are still not an option.

Also if i were to lose one of hands for some reason, id get a synth bass and get funky with my remaining hand.

interesting post,

cheers

Archived